PGCDemux unable to open VOB files

Hi fellas. Need some help from the experts. I’m suddenly unable to use PGCDemux. When I try to demux a DVD that I’ve ripped to my hard drive, I launch the program but it does not see the separate VOB files. It only sees the VTS_01_0 and VIDEO_TS files and I am unable to see the VOB files.

The program was working fine a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that the files had been hijacked by MPC-HC and were called DVD Files, but I went into MPC-HC and removed the file associations there and they now show as VOB FILES once again. Could it be that something has to change in the way file types are listed in File Explorer? Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks, Rick.

It’s working just fine. As usual I had my head in a very dark place. Seems like every time I come on here asking for help, all I do is show what an idiot I am.

I’ve been working with DVDSubEdit lately and I guess I tried to launch PGCDemux the same way. All I needed to do was click on the VTS_0_1 file and it did exactly what it was supposed to.

Sorry to waste anybody’s time, but since nobody was polite enough to tell me that I was an idiot and there was nothing wrong with the program anyway, I guess no harm done. Thanks, Rick

Didn’t see your post in time to help. At least you have the solution.

Thanks, but the actual solution of course was that there was no problem at all to begin with. I spent two full days trying to fix something that wasn’t broken at all.

I’m running Windows 10 and recently went through their Fall Creators update. What a mess that turned out to be. Microsoft took over damn near everything, and I spent I don’t know how much time trying to get file extensions and default programs and I don’t know what else, back to the way I want them. So when I attempted to use PGCDemux and I thought it wasn’t working the way I thought it should, I just thought the worst. Computers can be great, but they can also be a real pain in the rear.

Anyway, thanks again. It’s nice knowing that if I do have an actual problem, you guys are nearby to help.

Rick