Petition to make unlocking phones legal again passes 100,000 signatures; White House now required to respond

Original url: http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/02/21/petition-to-make-unlocking-phones-legal-again-passes-100000-signatures-white-house-is-required-to-respond/

A White House petition to make unlocking cell phones legal again has passed the 100,000 signature mark. Passing the milestone means the US government has to issue an official response.

There were also at least two pushes that made this possible. On Tuesday, the most popular Anonymous account on Twitter, YourAnonNews with over 900,000 followers, pointed out that there were only five days left to sign the petition. At that point, just under 20,000 signatures were needed. On Wednesday, a second push came from Reddit, at a point where there were just under 10,000 signatures needed.

It’s early Thursday morning now, and the petition has managed to get the 20,000 signatures it needed in just two days. The first 80,000 signatures took 26 days. Either way, the six figure mark has now been broken:

If only we could get referendums on expenditures of Congressional pay, benefits and staff increases!

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2678309]If only we could get referendums on expenditures of Congressional pay, benefits and staff increases![/QUOTE]

If we go that route how about states telling Government to stay out of their business stop whining and calling Uncle Sam for help every-time they have disaster. Since they told Uncle Sam to stay out of their business and should forfeit all Government subsidies… I find it hypocritical those crying/whining the most are the one asking for all the subsidies when they can’t afford to ask the wealthy to help pay for it and the rest of us paying Tax payers have to foot the bills up where the sun doesn’t shine.

I can hardly wait for that lightbulb to click on.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2678311]Since they told Uncle Sam to stay out of their business and should forfeit all Government subsidies [/QUOTE]

That would be fine as I know some of us tax payers pay in more than we ever get back. Even when aid is applied for . I wasn’t directly affected by what I will call a small disaster . It happened in Pampa Texas & the surrounding area . Some tornados. When they applied the the US government for disaster releif they were turned down.

If states forfeit the right for all US government subsidies then the federal government also wouldn’t get any taxes from those states.
Maybe a small stipend but no more. On the concept since they get nothing from the fed why should they pay?
I think we know how that would go . I would expect what would amount to an invasion by the IRS backed by FBI just to start with. Military too if necessary.
Taxation without representation. Now where have I heard that before ?
And what was the reaction of “The People” ?

Let’s keep the thread on topic, please.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2678309]If only we could get referendums on expenditures of Congressional pay, benefits and staff increases![/QUOTE]
Why not? You only require 100k people to sign your petition. It shows people care.