Pete Rose .. Banned For Life?

I’m a huge Red’s fan and Pete Rose is/was my idol in the game.

With the new talk of allowing Pete back into the game, I was wondering how the rest of the country/world viewed this.

I for one believe he should be allowed to enter the Hall of Fame but not be involved in Baseball as a manager, as I hear might be his wishes.

This man has paid his dues, and he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame more than any other player on this year’s ballot.

Should he be allowed to manage? Well I think if he admits that he did something wrong, he probably won’t be allowed to own, manage, or coach a team ever. The only two ways he’ll get the current ban changed is if he either admits he did something wrong, or proves that he didn’t. I think it’s more likely that he’ll admit to something.

At least let him in the Hall of Fame.

who the f… is Pete Rose…???

Originally posted by Crazy Bob

Baseball player who was banned for illegal betting. Dont really care about the whole issue, baseball sucks.

Originally posted by Crazy Bob

LOL I didn’t have a clue either CB:bigsmile:

Now I know, I don’t care, me only a football fan:D

Pete Rose is a Baseball player that played well above his skill due to his love of the game. He played 110% all the time.

Pete Rose’s Major Records
All-time Major League record for most career hits-4,256

All-time Major League record for most games played-3,562

All-time Major League record for most at bats-14,053

All-time Major League record for most singles-3,315

All-time Major League record for most total bases by a switch hitter-5,752

All-time Major League record for most seasons of 200 or more hits-10

All-time Major League record for most consecutive seasons of 100 or more hits-23

All-time Major League record for most seasons with 600 or more at bats-17

All-time Major League record for most seasons with 150 or more games played–17

All-time Major League record for most seasons with 100 or more games played-23

Only player in Major League history to play more than 500 games at five different
Positions-1B (939) 2B (628) 3B (634) LF (671) RF (595)

Major League record for playing in the most winning games-1,972

All-time National League record for most years played-24

All-time National League record for most consecutive years played-24

All-time National League record for most career runs-2,165

All-time National League record for most career doubles-746

All-time National League record for most games with 5 or more hits-10

Modern National League record for longest consecutive game hitting streak-44

Modern National League Record for most consecutive game hitting streaks of 20
or more games–7

Check his Stats

Impressive stats

Gambling was his downfall.

Ah yes, baseball. The game where only ONE country plays in a World Series!???

There is a genuine reason why it is called the “World” series though, it does not mean the “whole” world are involved. :wink:

But after all it is only Pro Rounders. lol :bigsmile:

But that aside, sounds like the guy has paid his dues and should be let back in.

After football (soccer) and possibly cricket, I would say baseball has the most potential for international competition. Baseball is popular in the U.S., Mexico, several Central American countries, Cuba, Japan, and Korea. I am probably forgetting some, but you get the idea. Eventually, history will repeat itself. Before there was a “World Series” there were 2 baseball champions every year (one for each league), and there was disagreement over who the “true” champion was. As the Japanese teams get better, there will be this kind of disagreement all over again. This year, after the World Series ended, Major League baseball sent some of its best players to Japan to play some of their best players. The U.S. players BARELY won the series after losing the first few games. There will be a wake-up call for the U.S. (just like there was in basketball this year).