Pesky Error Message - Help Needed Please

Hi,

I have just re-installed CloneCD v4.0.1.10 (which previously worked faultlessly) after doing a new HDD format. Along with CloneCD, I use other progs such as PlexTools v1.16, Exact Audio Copy (EAC), Feurio, etc.

Whilst I am able to get the other progs to copy a disk, CloneCD failed to do so, instead flagging the following error message:

“Failed to get disc information. Disc empty?”

What could be wrong here? Have I overlooked something obvious? I have tried using different brands of cd media as well, but the current brand worked before.

I have a P4 based system with XP Pro as OS. The CD-reader is a Plextor Ultraplex 40max (TSi) SCSI and the CD-writer is a Plextor PlexWriter 40/12/40A. I have ForceAspi layers installed (v4.60).

Thank you for your assistance in helping me solve this problem.

-±±±+
khoisanX

The obvious answer, and the only time I’ve seen this error, is when I inserted a non-blank disk to write to.

It could be that you’re trying to read a protected disc? Or Windows XP’s IMAPI burn engine is interfering. Did you disable that? Of course it could also be the obvious thing: your disc is empty and you’re trying to read it (and thus you pressed the wrong button perhaps, Read Image instead of Write Image ;)).

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
It could be that you’re trying to read a protected disc? Or Windows XP’s IMAPI burn engine is interfering. Did you disable that? Of course it could also be the obvious thing: your disc is empty and you’re trying to read it (and thus you pressed the wrong button perhaps, Read Image instead of Write Image ;)).

Thanks to you both, guys, I got it sorted now. I did indeed forget to disable XP’s IMAPI. I only did it once early last year sometime and did not remember to disable it this time around, when I carried out the re-install of the OS and CloneCD.

Take are and thanks once again for pointing me in the right direction :smiley:

-=-=-=-=
khoisanX