Peru pirates peddle a big industry

vbimport

I just posted the article Peru pirates peddle a big industry.

For those who thought that Asia is heaven if you want to buy big brands for less, then you might consider travelling to another country.

The South American country Peru is a heaven for pirated…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/2560-Peru-pirates-peddle-a-big-industry.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/2560-Peru-pirates-peddle-a-big-industry.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Peru is heaven compared to some East European countries.I live in Romania, were the average salary is 2 milion lei, so about 70 dollars. The major original games distribuitor in the capital and all of Romania, for that matter, sells thing like Age of empires 2 for 1800000 lei , so over 50 dollars ( including taxes), or daikatana for 2 million lei, the exacr equivalent of the avarage monthly salary. Usually, unless cheap versions of the game like the White Label are imported, there is not such a thing asa a bargain bin. To sum it up: when an old game like Daikatana is equal to the salary, and three licences to Microsoft’s latest and greatest OS are equivalent with the income for an year, anti-piracy measures will succed only in alienating an entire generation from the benefits of computers. Given the income, no piracy means no computers, 95% percent wil never ever afford to pay for grossly overpriced software. Because of taxation and other stupid measures, expect to pay , in ROmania, for an original product, close to double of its price.

Hehe… I think I’m gona live in Peru! :):):):):):slight_smile:

It must be so hard for those poor little fellows :C

Hey aspara, I come from Moldova. :wink: Ever heard of Gagauz??? :wink: Yeah, these countries are pretty suppressed… Oh well, I live in USA now!!!

Hey aspara, I come from Moldova. :wink: Ever heard of Gagauz??? :wink: Yeah, these countries are pretty suppressed… Oh well, I live in USA now!!!