Personal Backups being Extinguished?

vbimport

Copy Prevention schemes ie…SafeDisc …SecuRom…etc…have overpowered the CDRW hardware…drives have reached their zeal and are useless with ever evolving Copy Prevention Code…
hardware is not being produced rapidly to meet the needs of the consumer and thwarting Copy Prevention companies who are using our freedoms as a money making venture…and emulation is not the answer…bit by bit …aka 1:1 is desired…cdrw drives give mixed results with the latest SD2.9…why an issue…why cant it be a hundred percent at making a “backup”…so the drive in this case is useless…what happens next …a consumer has to wait for a hardware company to release a newer drive…that will be useless when the next Copy Prevention scheme is released…hardware is being controlled by simple code…and a optical drive company has to shut down due to this…my question is this…WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF CDRW DRIVES???

CDRW drives have no future since the DVD±RWs hit the market in competative prices anyways, dont expect too much :wink:

CDRW drives have no future since the DVD±RWs hit the market in competative prices anyways, dont expect too much

Don’t be to shure about that,dude…:wink:
As long as there’s no easier or cheaper solution to store data or to compile music with that degree of quality,cd will survive!

Even cassette tapes are still available,although they were claimed to be replaced by DAT or DCC in the mid eighties…it’s the consumer who decides if he benefits when using another storage format,not the company that tries to throw their newest stuff thru our throats…:bigsmile:

I know that the massive selling of cdrw drives will end,but I will only stop using cdr/w when cd’s become unavailable…hell,even floppies are still used …:smiley:

Originally posted by roadworker
hell,even floppies are still used …:smiley:

What! Can’t remember when I last use one of those… My lastest computer does’nt even support a floppy drive (the motherboard) :slight_smile:

sorry just had to say this smart azz comment

doesnt support a floppy drive …yeah right … it has usb ports I assume hehhehhe

so therefore it can have a floppy neener neener lol