Person Of Interest

8.2.0.9 works great on Safe but can’t get Person of Interest Season 1 to copy

[QUOTE=crtguy;2653643]8.2.0.9 works great on Safe but can’t get Person of Interest Season 1 to copy[/QUOTE]

Try the latest beta here and see if that works.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks Wombler but 8.2.1.0 didn’t work either.

[QUOTE=crtguy;2654184]Thanks Wombler but 8.2.1.0 didn’t work either.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I haven’t seen any reports relating to this one yet so try ripping with each of the three PathPlayer settings (off, auto, and enabled) and see if that works.

I’m assuming it’s the DVD you have and not the Blu-ray.

It could be the case that this disc requires an update but TBH if that was the case I’d have expected to have seen other reports by now.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I tried all 3 Pathplayer settings to no avail. Now Frasier Season 6 Disc 3 won’t copy(a new pressing). I tried in 3 different computers. Could there be a “poison pill” out there?
Thanks

[QUOTE=crtguy;2654314]I tried all 3 Pathplayer settings to no avail. Now Frasier Season 6 Disc 3 won’t copy(a new pressing). I tried in 3 different computers. Could there be a “poison pill” out there?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Well you can get bad pressings of any disc or there can be fingerprints or other not immediately obvious dirt etc that can interfere with the ripping process.

You could try cleaning the discs with soap and water, or for stubborn or greasy marks with a dab of isopropyl alcohol or methylated spirits on a lint free cloth.

These are safe for use on optical discs as they’re mild and evaporate quickly but don’t use any other solvents as you could damage the disc.

Are there any obvious defects on either disc?

You may need to hold the disc near a light and reflect the light on the surface at the correct angle to be able to see it.

Another trick to spot defects in the reflective layer is to look at the disc with a bright light behind it and look for any pinholes or irregularities that let through more light.

If it’s happening with multiple discs in multiple computers then I’d suspect a damaged or dirty disc.

If you’re lucky someone else here might have one of those discs and be able to comment further.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks for your reply. I’ll wait for the next update and observe and clean carefully.

[QUOTE=crtguy;2654472]Thanks for your reply. I’ll wait for the next update and observe and clean carefully.[/QUOTE]

No problem, I’d just be happier if we could tie down the problem for you.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks Wombler-they were defective discs. Everything seems to be okay now.

[QUOTE=crtguy;2655987]Thanks Wombler-they were defective discs. Everything seems to be okay now.[/QUOTE]

Ah that’s good.

I’m glad it worked out for you and thanks for reporting back as you never know who else this might help.

[B]Wombler[/B]