Permanately removing copy protection

Is there a way to permanately remove copy protection from a DVD so I can copy on a DVD recorder?

There’s no way for you to reproduce the copy protection yourself for video DVDs, so once you properly rip your DVD, it’s gone.

Welcome to the forum.
The simple answer is yes.
Use DVD decrypter or DVDFAB decrypter to write your dvd to hard drive and burn to new disc.
If the image is too large for the disc then use DVD shrink to compress the files to fit.
All the above software is available free on the internet. Doom9.net have some excellent tutorials for newbies to get them started.
Good luck. :slight_smile:

you could also try anydvd, www.slysoft.com, it’s the best software for getting updated in the shortest time, and support is second to none.

hello!
Guys,
where can i get copy protection remover,such as ccs, uops, ifo, vob, those copy protection are irritating, any one can help me how can i get the file in original dvd without any hasle of dealing with those copy protection?

Like the man said, get AnyDvd

[QUOTE=Bjproc;1239878]you could also try anydvd, www.slysoft.com, it’s the best software for getting updated in the shortest time, and support is second to none.[/QUOTE]

I have tried AnyDVD for the 21 day trial it was great, worked perfectly unfortunately at 48 Eurs that about 100 bucks Aus I think it’s way too expensive.:Z

The new version of DVDShrink still requires a copywright stripper like AnyDVD to rip DVDs.:a

Bit of a bummer really when a web search put DVDShrink up as a DVD Ripper and copy wright stripper all in one when it’s not.:sad:

Any other good CW strippers out there I can’t use AnyDVD any more and I sure am not going to pay the euros they want for it.:bow:

DVD Fab is an all-in-one program to rip/compress/burn copy protected DVD’s. It has a 30 free trial and the HD Decrypter portion will work after the expiration. If you stick with the free portion of the program you will still need DVD Shrink to compress a move after you rip and a burning program like Imgburn to burn the disk. Another option is DVDSmith, it allows you to rip either the entire disk or just the main movie, but you’ll still need to compress and burn.

[quote=TDCorty;2246220]I have tried AnyDVD for the 21 day trial it was great, worked perfectly unfortunately at[B] 48 Eurs that about 100 bucks [/B]Aus I think it’s way too expensive.:Z

The new version of DVDShrink still requires a copywright stripper like AnyDVD to rip DVDs.:a

Bit of a bummer really when a web search put DVDShrink up as a DVD Ripper and copy wright stripper all in one when it’s not.:sad:

Any other good CW strippers out there I can’t use AnyDVD any more and I sure am not going to pay the euros they want for it.:bow:[/quote]48 Euros is only 68.34 at todays exchange rates.:wink: I see you are in Australia, maybe its more there.:confused:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2246257]48 Euros is only 68.34 at todays exchange rates.:wink: I see you are in Australia, maybe its more there.:confused:[/QUOTE]

Nice to meet you alan, tks for the advice about the software just what I wanted.

I have a similar question. Sorry for the hijack, but I’ve been Googling forever and can’t find an answer. How do you remove the copyright protection from an avi file that you downloaded? I want to copy to disc - not to play on a dvd player, but just for my computer as backup, so I can free up HD space. I’ve tried things like AnyDVD and CloneDVD, but those just seem to work if you have the movie in your drive, it doesn’t do any good for files that are already on your computer.

You should be able to burn it to a CD (if less than 700MB), or a DVD as data. Any burning program should be able to handle that.

Welcome to MyCE, and just in case, please remember that the rules here do not allow anyone to help with video or audio or programs which you don´t have the rights to.

Good luck, and let us know if that works for you.

Dean

[QUOTE=bombay1616;2552351]I have a similar question. Sorry for the hijack, but I’ve been Googling forever and can’t find an answer. How do you remove the copyright protection from an avi file that you downloaded? I want to copy to disc - not to play on a dvd player, but just for my computer as backup, so I can free up HD space. I’ve tried things like AnyDVD and CloneDVD, but those just seem to work if you have the movie in your drive, it doesn’t do any good for files that are already on your computer.[/QUOTE]

Please read the guidelines here before responding further.

AVI is a container for both data and video encoded in almost any compression format.

As such it’s possible for AVIs to contain DRM protected sources so you’ll need to identify the format used to encode the source before you can look at how to deal with it.

This is outside the scope of this forum though which deals with the backup of Blu-ray and DVD movies so if you’ve any further queries, and providing they comply with the guidelines referred to above, you’d be better starting your own thread in the Copy Protection Forum.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=weedougie;1239242]Welcome to the forum.
The simple answer is yes.
Use DVD decrypter or DVDFAB decrypter to write your dvd to hard drive and burn to new disc.
If the image is too large for the disc then use DVD shrink to compress the files to fit.
All the above software is available free on the internet. Doom9.net have some excellent tutorials for newbies to get them started.
Good luck. :)[/QUOTE]

I want to buy a DVD decrypter for my Mac OS 10.5.8, DVDFAB seems only for PCs.
I’ve tried HandBrake for Mac, but have been unsuccessful. I use Toast for copying, but it can’t decrypt and I need to copy original Region 2 DVDs for kids in shelters. No money changes hands.
Can you help?
Thank you.

@twodogwoman
Even though no money changes hands, and you’re doing this for a good cause, we cannot provide support for copying dvds in order to give them to other people. Please review our guidelines for copyright protected material: http://club.myce.com/f34/guidelines-copyright-protected-material-316049/

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.