"Perfect" copy won't play in standalone

vbimport

Ripped disc with DVD Decrypter, burned with Clone CD, which reported success. Plays fine on PC, but my standalone players (Philips & Apex) report “no disc.”

DVDinfoPro shows no read errors; ran CloneSpy to verify that files on DVD copy and those on HDD were exact dupes.

Is there some block or sector on the DVD that prevents the read? (and how would I test this?) The Philips DVP642 reads just about anything.

Media Information                            

Disc Regions are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Media code/Manufacturer ID CMC MAG F01
Media Product Revision Number 00h
Volume Name Black Narcissus
Application id ELBY CLONEDVD
Implementation id ELABORATE BYTES
Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy) 9/11/2004 19:22:25
Format Capacity 4.37GB(4.69GB)
Book Type DVD+R
Media Type DVD+R
Media Id Code Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.4x 3324KBps
Data area starting sector 30000h
Data area end sector 22F3FFh
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

Re-encode it using CloneDVD (if you erased it) and put it to an ISO. After that’s done load up Dvddecrypter. On the newest Dvddecrypter there’s a tiny book near the write speed. Click that and choose your drive, choose next write, then choose dvd-rom as the book type. Then try burning it again. This sets the dvd book type to the one with the most compatability. Some stand alones can’t read the DVD+R book type correctly.

Thanks Squinty.

My Philips plays just about everything; it’s read nearly all of the +R/RW I have burned. I am suspecting it is something to do with the media.

For example, the disc I am having trouble with will play on the PC just fine, but DVDinfoPro or SmartBurn cannot id the disc manufacturer. So I took a new blank off the spindle, and this time they could id it after the burn. And that second one is read by the Philips.

But your suggestion is still good. From now on I’ll make them DVD-ROM.