Perfect 1:1 Copy Using Clone

vbimport

Hello all i was searching the forums a bit and could not find an answer to this so i am going to go ahead and ask…

For a PERFECT 1:1 (or as close as you can get to perfect 1:1) would the best settings be…

Clone DVD
Uncheck Copy DVD-Video Data Only
Check Copy Original IFO Files

I generally save to ISO for now but plan on later backing them all up on DL DVDs…

Thanks in Advance
Eddie

I forgot to mention that i am using DVDFab 5.2.2.0

Thanks in Advance
Eddie

[QUOTE=Cytomax;2179313]Hello all i was searching the forums a bit and could not find an answer to this so i am going to go ahead and ask…

For a PERFECT 1:1 (or as close as you can get to perfect 1:1) would the best settings be…

Clone DVD

I generally save to ISO for now but plan on later backing them all up on DL DVDs…

Thanks in Advance
Eddie[/QUOTE]

[U]From DVDFab’s Tutorial[/U]:
Copy DVD-Video Data Only: [B]This small checkbox prevents DVDFab from copying DVD-ROM or other non-movie content (such as the JACKET_P folder or other files) from the original during the clone process. This will also prevent studio-supplied players (InterActual, etc.)or other executable files that may be present from being included on the backup[/B].

Copy Original IFO files: This checkbox forces Clone mode to copy the original disc’s IFO files exactly, without removing RC/RCE protection and Prohibited User Operations. This will allow technologies such as Clearplay to function correctly with Cloned discs but will leave the protections and control limits mentioned earlier in place. [B]This box should be left unchecked unless your player and disc support Clearplay and you want this function to operate when the backup is played[/B].

thank you for replying… that was actually the first thing that i read… so i assumed that

would copy everything but i just kinda wanted someone to confirm this…

It sounds like you would want to leave it the default in almost all cases, check “copy dvd-video data only” and uncheck “copy original IFO files”.

[quote=cdfreaksfrank;2180133]It sounds like you would want to leave it the default in almost all cases, check “copy dvd-video data only” and uncheck “copy original IFO files”.[/quote]Hi Frank and welcome to CDF. You are right, he would use the defaults if he wanted a “normal” Clone, but what he wanted was one as close as possible to the original, which would require checks in the opposite boxes. He will not be able to FF through the previews and junk and will still have region coding, but it will be very very close to the original disc.