People who rip dvds movies in Xvid/AVI what program do they use?

vbimport

I’m talking about protected dvds, if they rip the dvd they also have to take off the protection off too or do they ? I know how to rip a dvd using DVD decryptor but what I don’t know is what program will remove protection and make 4 gig dvd to 700 meg size in either Xvid or AVI format. I have a couple of movies I own that I’d like to do this to.

I’d like one program that can do both but if I have to use 2 thats fine too.

Try DVD FAB PLATINUM, free full version trial will be very happy. look here:http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-0-6-5-beta-out-239368/

AutoGK (or Auto Gordian Knot) will do what you want for free.

[QUOTE=AZImmortal;2007797]AutoGK (or Auto Gordian Knot) will do what you want for free.[/QUOTE]

Do you not still need to decrypt it first to do backups? He was looking for an all-in-one I thought.

I forgot to mention that this is a two-program solution. You’ll still need to decrypt the DVD first before running the resulting output through AutoGK, which is done with the DVD Decrypter step. If you don’t mind using one program to rip while using another to convert to Xvid/Divx, then AutoGK works great.

[QUOTE=AZImmortal;2007876]I forgot to mention that this is a two-program solution. You’ll still need to decrypt the DVD first before running the resulting output through AutoGK, which is done with the DVD Decrypter step. If you don’t mind using one program to rip while using another to convert to Xvid/Divx, then AutoGK works great.[/QUOTE]

I always rip the DVD to the hard drive first as I find it greatly speeds up the process to create the XviD/AVI files compared to reading directly from the DVD drive.

DVDfab is what I’ll use it seems great. thanks

I asked this question in another thread but no ones answering it.

If I keep playing Region 2 PAL dvd’s movies on my LH-20A1S whats going to happen ?

I got a OEM version of the burner from newegg and I live here in Ohio.
I thought I heard a while ago that after about 5 or 6 times you play a DVD from from any region it locks the region in for good. I know you can reset that with software or something like that.

Sorry my title is a little misleading I didn’t get the dvd’s yet.
What I want to know before I order these dvds from the UK that if the above is true. If ture how do I get my lite on to play NTSC region 1 dvds again ? Do I just reflash my firmware ?

Also will those dvds play fine on the my pc ? I know they won’t work with my dvd player even if it did the TV is a NTSC and wouldn’t display the picture but thats fine at long as it works fine on my pc.

thanks

I use acidrip to convert to xvid in Linux, and autogk in Windows.
To fix your region coding on your drive, get a new firmware and flash it from here: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html

I turned my old 401 >411>811, and its served me well for ~5 years now.

I just use my set top player. It plays PAL/NTSC any region DVD’s or just burn any pc file on a disc and it will play that also. You can put the file on a USB thumb and play it from there.