Peer-to-peer special ops, prepare to meet the anti-hackers

vbimport

I just posted the article Peer-to-peer special ops, prepare to meet the anti-hackers.

The record labels have secretly been in cloak and dagger mode behind the scenes. Busier than two cats, we may think the focus is on litigation alone. No, the battle lines have many fronts…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6470-Peer-to-peer-special-ops-prepare-to-meet-the-anti-hackers.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6470-Peer-to-peer-special-ops-prepare-to-meet-the-anti-hackers.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

the battle line has been drawn…praise the lord and pass the ammunition…:X

Meet the alter boys from the church of Orrin Hatch. Somebody needs to find out who hired these rejects from the Osmonds second generation and give them a good “keel-Hauling” One mistake and these labels could be in hot water fast. I mean if you have a lot of MP3s you “must” have software that fell offf the back of a truck. HuH? I’ve heard better logic from folks struck in the head with a carbumper as a child. Tattle all you want, just be sure you can take what you dish out. Stick that on my email signature. By the way, isn’t writing a virus that screws with my email illegal? Oh, and put a cockatoo on your narrow shoulders so we can see yer an “anti-pirate”. :r
[edited by Crabbyappleton on 22.08.2003 05:04]

:The Terminator theme song plays in the background:
[edited by Hypnosis4U2NV on 22.08.2003 05:55]

OK, let’s take the threats one by one: “Antinode”: Cute, but useless for me. I don’t use Kazaa nor any P2P using supernodes… Bye-bye! “Fester”: Ip blacklists are so easy to create… obsolete method indeed :slight_smile: “Freeze”: Uh-Oh, what should happen in case this Freeze software itself has bugs? hmm, I wonder… A system able to remotely hang other computers could be remotely hanged too, so we’re dealing with a few systems trying to hang hundreds of thousands of other computers. And finally, those lots of computer owners, having among them some very good hackers, turning against those few IPs :slight_smile: That I call battle! “Shame”: I don’t understand: “benign virus”. A virus is a virus, amd it’s pretty illegal. No further comments! “Silence”: It’s very very easy to keep the shared files “in use” so the deletion procedure fails completely. “Suck”: well, can it suck anything else? :slight_smile: Of course they didn’t get the word “queue” when talking of data requests. This is very similar to a DoS attack which is also illegal…

War4Peace you missed out tattle.

How do you do that: Silence": It’s very very easy to keep the shared files “in use” so the deletion procedure fails completely. Thx

Shame: “Expect to see that appear as a slogan on T-shirts a few minutes later.” LMFAO!!:d

:d I no hacker or samething, but if they attack that way, i think there are going to be alot of people pist off and fight back… and new solutions for get them out of track… One more thing… is that not illegal hacking into same ones computer??? Can´t we sue then…??? GOOD LUCK RIAA :r :stuck_out_tongue: :d

it’s illegal to spread viruses & it’s illegal to hack period. the RIAA ain’t the f’in gov’t. I’ll sue them if they fuck up/tamper my computer.

Those stupid music industry guys! They say they want to get the pirates but at the same time the REAL pirates never use P2P. Thay use FTP LOL. :B But it is to bad for people the share only a few files. Because these people are the ones using P2P and they are also the ones that get F**ked!

Raymongo is right, if they actually wanted to get the true “pirates” they’d be going joining site rings and such like, but they leave that to the FBI because they’re A BUNCH OF FUCKING RETARDS. packet kiddies can you say syn www.riaa.org 80 10 65535 ? I know i can.

This whole bizarre media revolution reminds me of this… Ezekiel 25:17 from the Miramax film, ‘Pulp Fiction’ The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down on thee with great vengence and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengence upon thee.

How does this effect IRC,USENET and FTP downloads??? P2P is for newbs. Why attack P2P networks those people aren’t hackers just potential customers for online music… I hardly ever use P2P and have gigs and gigs of mp3’s.

erm…aren’t these new tactics of the RIAA illegal? :wink: :+

…As a final and late reaction, I have approximately 400 Gb of music, roughly 6500 full albums and god-knows-how-many compilations. I use a certain P2P Network which wasn’t really in discussion all over CDFreaks site, which is good: seems not many people really care for it, so it’s gonna last. Should I share all my MP3s, geez, people, gimme a load of HDDs and a PHAT connection!