Vista x64. I can’t get PCouffin drivers to install. I found a thread where a guy had a similar problem in 2007, but nothing is working for me. Here’s what I’ve done:
(1) Uninstall DVDFab thru Start Menu link
(2) Remove VSO devices from system manager
(3) Search hard drive for DVDFab, PCSetup, Pcouffin, and VSO and delete all instances
(4) Search registry for DVDFab and PCouffin and delete all instances
(5) Empty recycle bin
(8) Make sure hard drive, registry, and device manager are still clear of all the above
(9) Reinstall DVDFab
I’ve done that several times over the last few days, starting with whatever the latest official release is, then with 22.214.171.124, 6.1.08, and 126.96.36.199.
That hasn’t worked, so I just repeated all the above except for leaving DVDFab itself alone. Then I ran
“C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 6\PcSetup.exe” /install
Went to device manager. PCouffin shows up under VSO devices, but disabled. I enable it, it says it can’t find the driver. I choose to browse, and point it to the PCouffin.inf file that PcSetup created. It gives me this error:
“There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.”
I’m stuck. Any thoughts?