PCI standard ISA bridge drivers not installed

vbimport

hello all

in my DM the PCI standard ISA bridge is flaged as not installed, tryed asking it to update drivers no luke. ive updated my mobo from the asus web site drivers and its still flaged, everywere i look for a solution poeple just give links to driver update manegers hawever i dont want to pay a subscription for 1 driver. any idias were i can find the driver.

the mobo is an asus a8n-vm

ow and why has the spell checker stoped working on this thread? sorry for the bad spelling girls an guys

thanx all x

[QUOTE=pog13;2501480]hello all

in my DM the PCI standard ISA bridge is flaged as not installed, tryed asking it to update drivers no luke. ive updated my mobo from the asus web site drivers and its still flaged, everywere i look for a solution poeple just give links to driver update manegers hawever i dont want to pay a subscription for 1 driver. any idias were i can find the driver.

the mobo is an asus a8n-vm

ow and why has the spell checker stoped working on this thread? sorry for the bad spelling girls an guys

thanx all x[/QUOTE]

This sounds like a installation problem that you should’ve used the F6 key to install the mobo drivers first before continuing on. From my experience that problem your having is when you first installed your mobo before using it and the only fix is to reinstall your mobo and the drivers prior to doing a O/S install.

I believe the need to press F6 during Windows install applies only if you have SCSI devices, and isn’t required if you have no such devices. I’ve always installed drivers after installing Windows with no problems.

Which drivers were installed? There are drivers for ATK, AUDIO, VGA and Others for that board at the Asus site. Perhaps you missed installing the correct driver. If not, I suggest contacting Asus support for the driver.

[QUOTE=bevills1;2501544]I believe the need to press F6 during Windows install applies only if you have SCSI devices, and isn’t required if you have no such devices. I’ve always installed drivers after installing Windows with no problems.

Which drivers were installed? There are drivers for ATK, AUDIO, VGA and Others for that board at the Asus site. Perhaps you missed installing the correct driver. If not, I suggest contacting Asus support for the driver.[/QUOTE]

Actually that isn’t true if you don’t use the F6 to install proprietary drivers into the O/S during install you will face more problem after the O/S is installed. And that isn’t just for SCSI devices but mobo drivers for built into the motherboard. From what the OP is installing is something that would’ve been done at the onset of O/S initial installation progress when it ask to use F6 for hardware specific drivers.

In some 15 years of building and upgrading systems I’ve never experienced any problems installing drivers after Windows install beginning with Win3.1 through WinXP. Perhaps certain drivers other than SCSI may be needed during Windows install, and maybe I’ve just been lucky in the dozen or more systems I’ve built or upgraded without need to install drivers during Windows install.

Did you also update the Bios ?

Are you using Win XP and if so have you installed the SP3 yet?

I believe that driver is a standard Windows driver.
If it’s missing, then the Windows installation process was problematic.
Check your source.