PCI SATA Adapter Issues

Around 2 months ago I added the SYBA SD-SATA-4P PCI SATA Card that I got from http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124020&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction--na--na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=5412144&SID=skim19619X769413X6af3473759511242bc3e3e9f9ba34a3b to my AMD 2600 Athlon system and connected 2 SATA hard drives and 1 SATA DVD burner to it and installed latest drivers after removing existing IDE drives. All drives and cables are new. It worked for about 10 days after which 1 or more drives were not recognized. Disconnecting and reconnecting SATA cables on the adapter and drives fixed the problem until this morning when the same thing happened, i.e. second hard drive not recognized but disconnecting and reconnecting cables fixed the problem again for now.

Has anybody here experienced these problems with SATA add on cards or know a fix for these problems?

Maybe a power (consumption) problem?
Did you experience other devices getting errors?

No other device errors. Do SATA drives use more power than IDE drives? The system ran several years with no problems with the IDE drives installed. If it were a power problem, why would disconnecting and reconnecting the cables fix the problem for several weeks:? This seems to me possible problem with the adapter itself or the SATA connectors.

Hm, I’m no wizard.
You should try the replace and trial path.