Pci : geforce 4 mx

vbimport

Hello!

I don`t have agp port. so , you guys i will be better off with pci version of geforce 4 or even 2???

Arun

It will probably be better than onboard graphics or many other PCI graphics cards, if that’s what you’re asking.

AFAIK, there is no PCI version of the GF2-series available. If so, the choice is quite easy :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
AFAIK, there is no PCI version of the GF2-series available. If so, the choice is quite easy :slight_smile:

PCI GeForce2 MX400 here
Other pci models also at newegg.com

Originally posted by ww1912
[B]

PCI GeForce2 MX400 here
Other pci models also at newegg.com [/B]

Thanx for the update :).

Well, the GF4 model should outperform the GF2 by far, but if the rest of your system is too slow to deliver enough data to the GF4 (or even to the GF2), the GF2 might be the best choice, from an enconomical point of view.

If the differences in prices are small, always go for the fastes mode!

Quite a while ago I believe Maximum PC did a review of low-end PCI graphics cards and how they compared to on-board chips. It might be worth seeing if it’s available online in their archives.

I currently have intel 810 chipset. right now, not able to play even generals. so me thinkin off getting gf4 mx series. I would like to have some techanical data to see if it better off getting it.

Originally posted by Phil Dx
Quite a while ago I believe Maximum PC did a review of low-end PCI graphics cards and how they compared to on-board chips. It might be worth seeing if it’s available online in their archives.

HI! it is really helpful if you post here the link of PCI Graphics Card Review done by Maximum.

Arun

Most of Maximum PC’s articles are not available online.

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
Most of Maximum PC’s articles are not available online.

I found lot of them including one by PNK . Geforce 4 MX 440 customers have said that the cards do not have any heat sink assoicated and smells very bad after long time. immediately, i got into geforce 2 . u think i am correct???

Arun

I had a GeForce2 GTS 32mb card before in my other system(I sold it to someone now), even that doesn’t run Generals all that smooth, maybe it had something to do with the cpu also, cause recommended was like P4 1.8Ghz… But I’m pretty sure the Athlon 1.4Ghz that was running in there was enough to handle it…

So… given that… I don’t think the mx400 card(especially since its the pci-version) would run it that great either, GeForce4 would be your best bet in this scenario… smells? never heard of anything like that… maybe its just an isolated case…

And if you’re really worried… you can always just slap on a heatsink/fan on the core and memory… and then you can overclock it some…