Pc wont boot urgent

vbimport

hello you guys i dug my self into a really big hole i need help please. I downloaded a program called bootbuild and thinking it would do somthing else i messed with it, i created a new boot file i didnt know it saved automaticly. but when i restard my pc it wont boot, I think i messed up my boot sector on the motherboard, it says somthin like this is not a bootable disk please insert a bootable disk and it says stuff about bootbuild,… I tried everything, i went to setup on my bios. It didnt help I tried using killdisk to erase my harddisk but it wouldnet boot, please help please I think i messed this up real bad and cant fix it please…

I got a dell dimension 1100

DE051
windows xp home

note i cant boot anything not even a cd and i do Not have a floppy drive either,… please help i am desperate. i made this post on a friends laptop…:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused::confused::sad::sad::sad:

Try changing the boot order in the BIOS. 1st optical drive, 2nd HDD then try to boot again.

Does your Dell Have a recovery disc. If so do like THE C. says and set your bios to boot to your CD-rom first then it will have to repair the MBR. Main boot record. If that doesn’t work there are a few options like “fix boot” and so on you can use with the XP Recovery console. Check here for a Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console.

that did not work i already tryed booting from a cd it wont work it says the same thing… i got a killdisk cd which it wont boot, i got a windows xp home cd which it wont boot either… please i already tryed changing the boot order to the only options are my cd drive and my hard disk:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:im saying stuff that usually boots by itself like the windows cd dont work. Damn you "bootbuild"
please help

and can someone please im me with yahoo. here is my yahoo
jacobbrown142000@yahoo.com

Try booting off a Linux live CD e.g Ubuntu, install then try re-install windows with your Win CD…
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD

Is your Windows CD The original or a copy that wasn’t made bootable? What you did in Windows should have no effect on the bios boot order. If your bios sees the cd-rom and the hard drive then it should boot to a bootable media source through your CD-DVD drive. Also remember to save the settings in Nios when you change the boot order.

I searched for bootbuild and found this -

“Boot builder allows you to create your own custom boot sector from scratch. This utility allows you to recreate or restore boot sectors lost due to virus or other damage to a drive. Boot sectors can be imported/exported to a disk or created from a template. This program supports FAT and NTFS boot sector types.” (Roadkil’s Boot Builder at roadkil.net, is this what you used?)

As far as I can see a messed up boot sector on your hard drive shouldn’t prevent you from booting off a bootable CD, and it shouldn’t have done anything to the BIOS. Some computers can be a bit arkward for no apparant reason when trying to boot off some CDs. Try setting the CD drive as the only boot drive in the BIOS. Do you have a bootable CD available that you know has worked on this computer in the past?

As crossg has already mentioned this problem should be repairable by booting up off an original Windows XP CD and using the Recovery Console.

:bow::bow::bow:thank you guys very very much:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::):):slight_smile:

my first problem was i put my cd in the wrong drive:( it booted from there but progress of installation was really really really really slow. like 1 percent in 1 hour (the windows xp installation) i have a 37gb harddisk

then that was my second problem a slow installation and reimage of my harddrive. You guys really helped me with the detailed walkthrough I found out why my installation was so slow

1. cpu speed was set wrong in the bios
  2. agp aperture , I think played a role since it has somthing to do with performence.:doh:
    thanks crossy :bow:
    thanks the c :bow:
    Well i got a fresh installation now but it wont last long on a 37gb disk lol:doh:

by the way i might need to pay more attention next time to what I mess with:doh:

thanks again:bow: