PC will not Erase Media

I have a PC running Vista x64. I have tried to erase multiple types (DVD+RW, CD-RW) and brands (TDK, SONY, Memorex) of ReWritable media and NONE will erase. All end with the same error “Disc is not rewritable”. I have used multiple burning software apps (NERO 7, Alcohol 120, Vista built in software) and no luck! I have then tried two different Drives (Samsung SH-S182M and Pioneer DVR-104 /2), again FAILED!! http://club.cdfreaks.com/images/smilies/6/confused.gif
:confused: Tried the media and drives in another PC and media will erase on the two drives. WTF!!! http://club.cdfreaks.com/images/smilies/4/angry.gif
:a Finalizing doesn’t seem to matter either, tried both ways. I am not using packet writing. Somebody please help.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

It could be Alcohol acting up - try this:

Go into Alcohol’s settings, then Emulation, then make sure “Ignore Media Type” is not checked.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;1937001]Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

It could be Alcohol acting up - try this:

Go into Alcohol’s settings, then Emulation, then make sure “Ignore Media Type” is not checked.

Good luck! :)[/QUOTE]

I have tried that checked and not :frowning:

Have you tried running Ner0 or other proggies in Win xp compatibility…
In Vista, right click Nero >properties>compatibility> tick Run this program in compatibility mode for win XP…worth a try, you never know…

Yeah, it’s definitely a problem on that PC if the same drives erase the same discs fine on another.

Try erasing with ImgBurn is another option, that often works where Nero fails.

Also I’d uninstall Alcohol completely for troubleshooting purposes (i.e. until this is fixed).

tried using nero in compatibility mode.

Tried installing ImgBurn also… No luck erasing DVD+RW :disagree:

Use another burner or get better RW media.

[QUOTE=chef;1938631]Use another burner or get better RW media.[/QUOTE]

Did you not read the beginning… i have tried different burners and various media types.

upper and lower filters possibly?

[QUOTE=losedi;1940936]Did you not read the beginning… i have tried different burners and various media types.[/QUOTE]

The Pio104 is an outdated burner!
What do you expect from using that???