while playing games for about 30min my pc screen goes black

my pc specs:

Processor Pentium Dual-Core E5300 2.6 GHz

Memory 4gb

Os Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

video card Nvidia Geforce 9800gt 1gb

thanks for the help.

Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

How do you usually recover from this screen going black? Can you just restart, or do you have to shut the computer off for some time, or…?

[QUOTE=deadBattery;2669840]Hi evrybody,
while playing games for about 30min my pc screen goes black

my pc specs:

Processor Pentium Dual-Core E5300 2.6 GHz

Memory 4gb

Os Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

video card Nvidia Geforce 9800gt 1gb

thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

How do you mean goes black? what kinda monitor are you using make and model and how is it connect to your GPU? Also how old is the monitor? Can you if you can shine a flashlight on the screen and see the desktop but it is very faint or dark but can see icon on the desktop? If so that means your backlight is dead and you choices are to fix the backlight or buy new monitor. Otherwise if the screen is dead black and test it on another computer shows the same problem then it is a dead monitor.

Might need to exterminate the dust bunnies that live in your computer. This will help lower the inside temperature greatly. Be sure the 'puter is off and unplugged before doing this.

Dust bunnies and I always thought that it was gremlins that cause black screens.

I’ve had this problem too. My problem was that the video card automatically switched the output signal to another output port, it would switch from DVI to HDMI by itself. Post more info about your specs, like PSU, motherboard.