PC Restarting

fitted new PSU.

it’s not happening so much now, but i’m still waiting on some memory getting delivered.

there was a dll file corrupt and i think the agp driver isn’t quite right.

i’ve ordered a new PC, but i’ll have to get this one working so i can sell it, but i’m only spending so much on it, as it won’t be worth it in the end if i spend a lot on it

hey cddan
in reading this thread.I,ve been messing with a windows laptop for sometime that has the same problem that bj’s has also. how do you get the machine to load the bsod vs restarting?? its been driving me crazy trying to figure it out!!
so far I’ve replaced the hdd then the memory but its still rebooting like every 5 minutes!! so for the time its been sitting in the corner gathering dust.
you’ve made my day if you can tell me how to dothis!!
thanks again to all, and happy hoildays to all!!!

[QUOTE=satelight7430;1958599]hey cddan
in reading this thread.I,ve been messing with a windows laptop for sometime that has the same problem that bj’s has also. how do you get the machine to load the bsod vs restarting?? its been driving me crazy trying to figure it out!!
so far I’ve replaced the hdd then the memory but its still rebooting like every 5 minutes!! so for the time its been sitting in the corner gathering dust.
you’ve made my day if you can tell me how to dothis!!
thanks again to all, and happy hoildays to all!!![/QUOTE]

System properties - advanced tab - startup and recovery - de-select “automatic restart”

update

fitted new RAM and it’s been ok (touch wood)

i’ll need to fit the old ram into the spare slot to eliminate the the bad one.

don’t know why memtest didn’t pick it up:confused:

thanks to all that helped me

Happy new year :flower: