Pc restarting when i m shutting it down

vbimport

hi frnds,
I am have a problem with my Pc . when i am stutting the pc down. it is automatically Restarting…
Actually i m have lot of softwares installed and some important data in my pc . so i m avoiding to fromat it .
Plz help me out anyone…if any of my setting i have to change…:frowning:

Thanks in advance friends…
Hope i could get the solution…

Hi yoursnavin2287

There are two ways of shutting down the computer, one by doing the manual shut down by the button on the front and the other by clicking on the shut down from the start menu.

Does this happed when doing it manually or both ? if only by the manual method it may be a faulty off switch.

Hitting ALT + F4 and then chossing shutdown should clear the issue normally.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2551785]Hi yoursnavin2287

There are two ways of shutting down the computer, one by doing the manual shut down by the button on the front and the other by clicking on the shut down from the start menu.

Does this happed when doing it manually or both ? if only by the manual method it may be a faulty off switch.[/QUOTE]

thanks storm jumper for ur reply…
but yes it happens in both way manually and goin to the start-turnoff.

so my problem not solved yet…:sad:

[QUOTE=chef;2551818]Hitting ALT + F4 and then chossing shutdown should clear the issue normally.[/QUOTE]

thnks for ur reply… "chef"
But that doesn’t solved my problem…:sad:

hope i could get the solution ASAP…

The Bios may be set to restart when lose of power occurs.
The board may be thinking that is what is going on when you want to shut it down.
Could be virus or board going out.For the short term you can turn the power switch on the PSU to off right when it tries to restart.

In the long term you will either have to remove the virus or whatever is causing the problem or replace the board.

It can also be the PSU causing this reaction, you can try replacing it.
Just some of the things to check on.

[QUOTE=yoursnavin2287;2551774]hi frnds,
I am have a problem with my Pc . when i am stutting the pc down. it is automatically Restarting…
Actually i m have lot of softwares installed and some important data in my pc . so i m avoiding to fromat it .
Plz help me out anyone…if any of my setting i have to change…:frowning:

Thanks in advance friends…
Hope i could get the solution…[/QUOTE]

Here something if you can tell use your specs and O/S that would go along way to help finding a solution that might be able to remedy your situation? Usually from my experience that restarting when you try to shutdown is a result of Virus infection and you will have to reformat and reinstall all your software to remove the problem…

First disconnect all unnecessary external devices and try shutting down. If this does not point to the source of the problem are you are using a USB wireless keyboard, mouse, network card etc? Windows by default sets these devices to allow system wake up by said device. This can cause rebooting on shutdown. It can also cause rebooting when trying to enter sleep and or hibernate. If you have any of these devices go to device manager and find the said device. Open its properties and go to the power management tab. Uncheck allow this device to wake the computer. Once done see if you can shut down successfully. Repeat this test for each USB wireless device you have.
Hope this helps.

Bill

[QUOTE=yoursnavin2287;2551883]thnks for ur reply… "chef"
But that doesn’t solved my problem…:sad:

hope i could get the solution ASAP…[/QUOTE]

Was just the easiest guess - this is still the newbie section. :wink:

Hi frnds…thanks all for ur cool tips…
I tried all …but it doesn’;t worked

So now i m formatting my PC …which is really sad…

[QUOTE=yoursnavin2287;2552128]Hi frnds…thanks all for ur cool tips…
I tried all …but it doesn’;t worked

So now i m formatting my PC …which is really sad…[/QUOTE]

I kinda figure this was going to end up with reformatting cause something serious has gone wrong with your O/S to not make it do what it is suppose to do when you give it a shutdown command. But this can also be due to a system file becoming corrupted virus or otherwise that would make this problem not go away… :sad: