Pc restart on reading problems Pioneer DVR 216D

i have a Pioneer dvr 216d. All my dvd’s are burned on verbatim 16x + media, both with this drive and a previous lg. The problem is that on many dvd-s on which i did not had reading problems with the lg, which are not scratched etc, and also with media burned with the pioneer i have big reading problems. The most annoying is the fact that on these occasions the pc freezes and gets a restart (it happens also on xp and win 7). Anyway it happens often with many disks and it’s very annoying and it’s the first writer i have which gives this kind of problems, and has a very poor reading quality in many cases (like not being able to play smoothly some dvd movies which i burned with it). It has 1.09 firmware.
The thing with the restart is a common problem with pioneers? Any advice?

@ andreidita,

The Pioneer DVR-216D is an excellent Optical Drive noted for its Reading and Burning qualities. The Pioneer DVR-216D Drives are not noted to have any “Restarting” problems.

It should be noted that your previous LG GSA-H42N Optical Drive was an IDE interface Optical Drive and your current Pioneer DVR-216D Optical Drive is a SATA interface Optical Drive.

Are you certain that you have correctly configured your SATA Controller to support your Pioneer DVR-216D SATA Optical Drive?

Regards,
bjkg

Check the event viewer to find out the REAL problem.

thx for the answers. i don’t know how to configure the s-ata interface besides connecting the cables :stuck_out_tongue:
on the next restart i’ll check the event log.

On the other had i am pretty dissapointed with the read quality of the pioneer. In the old days i had a lite-on which read everything and the lg was very good. now there are a lot of dvd-s that he reads and i can copy from them but it can’t playthem fluently

@ andreidita,

The Pioneer DVR-216D is a proven solid performer but for optimal performance it needs to be installed correctly and correctly configured.

A place to start concerning SATA Optical Drive configuration is referring to your Computer Manual. You need to ensure that that your Computer BIOS is correctly configured to support a SATA Optical Drive. It should be noted that not all SATA Controllers support SATA Optical Drives.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=andreidita;2414645]thx for the answers. i don’t know how to configure the s-ata interface besides connecting the cables :stuck_out_tongue:
on the next restart i’ll check the event log.

On the other had i am pretty dissapointed with the read quality of the pioneer. In the old days i had a lite-on which read everything and the lg was very good. now there are a lot of dvd-s that he reads and i can copy from them but it can’t playthem fluently[/QUOTE]

What discs/media is problematic to be read?
If it’s DVD±R/W, then with which drive were they burnt??