Microprocessor 2.00 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P7350
Microprocessor Cache 3 MB L2 Cache
Memory 4096 MB
Memory Max 8192MB
Video Graphics Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500
Video Memory Up to 1795 MB
Hard Drive 320 GB (5400 rpm)
Multimedia Drive LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
Display 14.1” diagonal WXGA High-Definition Brightview Infinity Display (1280 x 800)
Fax/Modem High speed 56K modem
Network Card Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN
Wireless Connectivity Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN
Sound Altec Lansing speakers
Keyboard 101-key compatible
Pointing Device Touch Pad with dedicated vertical and horizontal Scroll Up/Down pad
PC Card Slots
One ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)
External Ports
5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
3 Universal Serial Bus USB 2.0
3rd port shared with eSATA
1 VGA (15-pin)
1 HDMI
1 RJ-11 (modem)
eSATA + USB 2.0
1 RJ -45 (LAN)
2 headphone-out
1 microphone-in
11 notebook expansion port 3
1 Consumer IR
Dimensions 13.15 in (L) x 9.45 in (W) x 1.34 in (min H) / 1.57 in (max H)
Weight 5.08lbs
Security
Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
Power-on password
Accepts 3rd party security lock devices
Power
65 W AC Adapter
6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)
What’s In The Box HP Pavilion WebCam with Integrated Microphone

Mobile Stereo Earbud Headphones (1 pair)

HP Mobile Remote Control
Software
Operating System:
Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with Service Pack 1
Security and Support:
Symantec Norton Internet Security 2008 (including 60 days complimentary live update)

HP Help & Support Center

HP PC Recovery (SoftThinks Restore Solution)

HP Wireless Home Network Setup

HP Total Care Advisor
Multimedia:
HP PhotoSmart Essentials

Vongo

HP Quick Play

Muvee AutoProducer

Cyberlink DVD Suite

HP Games Powered by Wild Tangent

Serif WebPlus 10

Adobe Acrobat Reader
Productivity and Finance:
Microsoft Works

Microsoft Office 2007 Student and Teacher Edition: 60 Day Trial Version

HP Smart Web Printing
Internet Solutions:
AOL Instant Messaging Service

Microsoft Internet Explorer

HP Easy Internet Signup (part of HP Easy Setup)

is this a good computer for standard & high def video editing & photography? this is what I will be using it for

Sossity

Well, for photography you’re covered for sure, as with the 2.00 ghz dual core processor and the RAM will handle big photos and editing them inside Photoshop. Only thing is that I’m a little concerned about not seeing what appears to be a lacking (dedicated) video card, since the specs appear to imply the video memory is shared and may come out of your total DDRAM. As for the hi-def video editing…I can’t speak in an informed way about that, since I’ve never done it. If you were just making an archival backup of a DVD movie you owned, though, you’re covered with that. The only other possible concern I see is that IF you have a digital camera that takes CF cards, the laptop’s 5-in-1 reader won’t read that unless you get some kind of CF card USB reader that you can plug into one of the USB ports as needed. I would hope the SD slot will also accept SDHC, although I know I’ve read sometimes certain SD card readers won’t accept SDHC although they are the same size. If that’s the case, you might also need to get another adapter like a Micromate reader from Sandisk for the SDHC (which will read it).

Is this the one that is sale @ biglots for 550-ish?

By the specs and as a laptop, it’s good for standard and hidef video editing.

[QUOTE=zaina;2147191]Is this the one that is sale @ biglots for 550-ish?

By the specs and as a laptop, it’s good for standard and hidef video editing.[/QUOTE]

yes it is, from the specs I found on HPs website, can I add a dedicated video card to it? would I be able to get the internet & my e-mail from it?

Sossity

You should be able to add a dedicated video card to it, as it should have an open slot for one, I would imagine. I would recommend an nVidia video card, since nVidia’s drivers are more ‘mature’ than anything ATi (means you’ll typically have less or no trouble with an nVidia card as opposed to an ATi one). Since it’s a laptop, call around where you live and find a good, reputable computer shop (I wouldn’t trust Circuit City nor Best Buy to install it–plus they’ll charge you more for labor typically) and have them install it.

The only other thing I would recommend you get is something like a “laptop chill pad” which Circuit City has on sale this week, an Antec model for $19.99 (it’s a pad with fans that sits under the laptop, to help prevent overheating).

You have both WiFi and a port for an ethernet (broadband) cable connection, so you’ll be able to connect to the Internet via WiFi connection or a straight ethernet cable to plug into the laptop. So yes, Internet and email are easily covered (you would just have to also have a program like Microsoft Express or some other 3rd party email program like Incredimail or Mozilla Thunderbird properly set up to be able to download your email to your laptop). :wink:

I wouldn’t worry to much about the video card performance. I would worry the sale is dead soon or it will be out of stock in your local BigLots.

I would get the laptop and try if the performance meet your expectations with your own video and photo editing usage. If you’re satisfy with it, no need to upgrade the video card (not sure if you can do that anyway).

You also don’t need any “cooler pad” at the moment, it’s a new laptop and it will be fine!

Go nVidia and have broken hardware (google it), good suggestion…

@ Sossity
In that price range you’ll probably not find anything better, it’s a good laptop for that price.
It does have integrated graphics but it doesn’t matter for video editing or photos since it’s all cpu bound.
//Danne