PC not reading Windows ISO!

vbimport

Hello everyone, i need to format my old notebook Acer 5732 Z and install Windows 7 x64 in its hdd, the computer already has Ubuntu and Win7 installed but i want to format it anyway…

The problem is: when i insert the Windows7 DVD, the pc is not reading it! It only shows the screen where you have to choose the OS to start with.

I’ve already changed the boot order from the BIOS, as you can see https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t34.0-12/12804584_10207165276028867_988978129_n.jpg?oh=2a182687372b06a64d1d4f68634d9d7d&oe=56E7E9AB

I don’t know if the Windows7 burned ISO is original, but i’m pretty sure it worked on other computers. I’ve burned it in a DVD using IMGBURN and i also tried inserting a DVD with WinXP and Win7AllInOne, and the pc is still not reading it…

Is it a burning software problem? Thanks in advance

It seems the drive is not reading any bootable image. I think I’d try one more time with a live Linux disc, but that’s up to you. If you have access to another computer, see if the install disc works in it.

You may want to create a bootable usb flash drive and install from that. You’ll need to set the bios so that it can boot from usb. Do a Google search for making a Windows 7 usb installation and you’ll see plenty of instructions. Here is an example: http://arstechnica.com/business/2009/12/the-usb-flash-drive/

Have you considered a bad drive or dirty laser lens.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2770040]It seems the drive is not reading any bootable image. I think I’d try one more time with a live Linux disc, but that’s up to you. If you have access to another computer, see if the install disc works in it.

You may want to create a bootable usb flash drive and install from that. You’ll need to set the bios so that it can boot from usb. Do a Google search for making a Windows 7 usb installation and you’ll see plenty of instructions. Here is an example: http://arstechnica.com/business/2009/12/the-usb-flash-drive/[/QUOTE]
Windows USB ISO tool doesn’t work very well because it doesn’t accept most of the ISOs for some reason…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2770054]Have you considered a bad drive or dirty laser lens.[/QUOTE]

I try to clean it but the drive is almost new

Source for Windows 7 ISO files formerly from Digital River:

You’ll still need a valid key for these.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2770064]Source for Windows 7 ISO files formerly from Digital River:

You’ll still need a valid key for these.[/QUOTE]

You cannot download Win7 Isos legally now and after put the key, you need to have the key before

Did you read the article? The legitimate key is what makes a Windows installation legal.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2770077]Did you read the article? The legitimate key is what makes a Windows installation legal.[/QUOTE]
Yes i’ve read it but after logging microsoft and doing the procedure i still can’t download it… i think the problem is not the rom, i’ll try to put the DVD In my main pc

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2770077]Did you read the article? The legitimate key is what makes a Windows installation legal.[/QUOTE]

Hello, here are the updates:
even if win7 is not 100% original, the burned DVD works when i create a virtual pc and can install windows in its hdd,
so the problem could be the laptop’s dvd reader…

I can’t install windows via USB cause windows usb tool doesn’t accept my ISOs, so… should i try an external DVD reader?

[QUOTE=Trashmob;2770569]Hello, here are the updates:
even if win7 is not 100% original, the burned DVD works when i create a virtual pc and can install windows in its hdd,
so the problem could be the laptop’s dvd reader…

I can’t install windows via USB cause windows usb tool doesn’t accept my ISOs, so… should i try an external DVD reader?[/QUOTE]

Did you try to use a tool like Rufus to convert the ISO? Fwiw, I for one have found it very useful for converting ISO to USB.
More info: http://rufus.akeo.ie/

[QUOTE=Xercus;2770570]Did you try to use a tool like Rufus to convert the ISO? Fwiw, I for one have found it very useful for converting ISO to USB.
More info: http://rufus.akeo.ie/[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! This tool u liked me is much better than capricious Windows USBtool

But the computer doesn’t recognize the USB drive… anyway, the pc dvd reader now works somehow and i’ve installed a Windows7 AllInOne ISO via DVD, worked!
i think the other isos were corrupted or worked only with virtualbox

Glad it sorted out. AIO versions of Windows does not exist as original Microsoft ISOs. There are some Multiple Editions available if you have an active MSDN subscription.

Keep in mind that we like to help each other, but the forum does not encourage piracy :flower:

I used my Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate keys on all my installations. They all worked fine. But you have to get into build 1511 to apply it.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2770650]I used my Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate keys on all my installations. They all worked fine. But you have to get into build 1511 to apply it.[/QUOTE]

what is build 1511?

[QUOTE=Trashmob;2770744]what is build 1511?[/QUOTE]
The latest Windows 10 ISO. The correct way to say that would be version 10.0.10586, but since it was released November 15th, it got its name 1511 :slight_smile: