Pc liquid cooling?

vbimport

hey

im having abit of trouble finding a liquid cooler for my pc becuz i dont think that my case will fit this water cooler, my case is a HAF922 and i want to but in is in the link below followed by a picture of my case

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9927/ex-wat-153/Larkooler_Universal_High_Performance_Complete_CPUVGAChipsetMosfet_Liquid_Cooling_Kit_BA2-244_Sockets_LGA_775_1156_1366_754_939_940.html?tl=g30c83s137

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6606

any help is much appreciated thanx :slight_smile: :bow:

Welcome to the forums daffman.

I think you will get better replies in our Hardware forum, so I’m going to move your thread in there. I’ll leave a redirect in the Newbie forum so you can find it easily.

[QUOTE=daffman;2584205]hey

im having abit of trouble finding a liquid cooler for my pc becuz i dont think that my case will fit this water cooler, my case is a HAF922 and i want to but in is in the link below followed by a picture of my case

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9927/ex-wat-153/Larkooler_Universal_High_Performance_Complete_CPUVGAChipsetMosfet_Liquid_Cooling_Kit_BA2-244_Sockets_LGA_775_1156_1366_754_939_940.html?tl=g30c83s137

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6606

any help is much appreciated thanx :slight_smile: :bow:[/QUOTE]

If you are going to use water cooling, make sure you buy a very good one. The last thing you need is ( I dont even want to say it), a leak. I am using the Swiftech H20-330 Edge Kit, its alittle expensive but worth every dime. You also have to make up your mind if you want an enclosed unit or one where you can refill the distilled water anti freeze combo. The enclosed unit like the Corsair H-50 are much cheaper but do not do as good of a job, it all depends on how far you plan to OC and what levels of heat you are going to deal with.

thank you all for your replies and your help originally i wanted to get a coolermaster aquagate max but they discontinued them alot of people seem to be recomending a zalaman or something like that,

i am planning to over clock my cpu to roughly 3.4ghz so keeping it cool is really important

and the word (LEAK) is banned in this thread lol :):cool:

what CPU do you have and what is the stock speed? you may be good using an after market air cooler like the Noctua NH-U12P SE2. it keeps my i7 920 cool running at 3.8 and I have a mid tower case with not so great air flow

Well if you read the reviews for that water kit one guy says he’s using it with his cooler master HAF case.

I have the HAF932 case with lots of room in it and excellent air flow so I went with the
Corsair H-70 system as I didn’t really want the hassle of having to keep adding the water
mixture to it and having to worry if it was getting low or not and it keeps my AMD X6-1090T
nice and frosty at or around 14.0C or 57.2°F @ idle and around 20-22C or 68°F - 71°F under
100% load. :iagree: :clap: :clap:

Here is a screen shot of it at idle @ 14C I just absolutely love my Corsair H-70 system and with
these temps it leaves me a lot of room to OC the CPU if the need ever arises :bow: :bow: :bigsmile:

For about the same cost of one of the Corsair sealed units you can pick upthe XSPC Rasa 750 kitwhich will most definitely outperform the Corsair or Coolit ALC units.

As stated above a high performance big air cooler will out perform the sealed units.

[QUOTE=~KIPPER~;2584290]As stated above a high performance big air cooler will out perform the sealed units.[/QUOTE]

Maybe but maybe not I’ve always used air cooling up until this upgrade and even
with the low 65-95 wattage CPUs and using Swiftech, Thernaltake, Thermalright,
Zalman, etc., etc. air coolers I’ve never had temps this low with any air cooler and
this X6-1090T beast is rated at 125 watts and the H-70 is very, very, quite on top
of it all with fans at full speed.

I could never go back to any kind of air cooling again not with all of the noise of the
high speed fans forcing air through the HS fins and still getting 30 - 35+C on idle. :disagree:

But like the saying goes to each his own what satisfies one may not satisfy another
but as I have already said I’m very, very, satisfied with my H-70 system. :iagree: