Pc Keeps Freezing!

vbimport

Hey all! I have been using CloneDVD and AnyDVD for the past year. I registered and purchased the software about 4 months ago, and I’ve never had a problem burning, until now. I noticed all sorts of spyware on my computer, so I restarted everything. When I say restart, I reinstalled the emergency disk that came with the computer, and made it go back to how it was when I purchased it. Well ever since I did that, my computer keeps freezing when I try to burn using CloneDVD, or any CD/DVD burning program. Its pissing me off, cuz I restarted everything twice since then, and am still getting the computer frozen. I am running CloneDVD 2.7.5.1, and AnyDVD 4.6.3.1. I’ve never had this problem before, and I want to fix it. Anyone have any ideas?

oh yeah, and my computer is a Emachines with 2.2ghz proc, 512mb ram, 80gigs hard drive, NEC-ND1100A burner, AMD P.O.S. (I’m using Service Pack 1, not 2 anymore)

anybody have the slightest clue? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Well I will just give some idea’s for you

You might have not installed some type of update, that you did before such as Motherboard or IDE drivers.

You will have to think on what you did before, maybe something to do with that model of e-Machine.

why do you say AMD P.O.S? AMD’s are awesome.

Anyway, to your problem. Does everything else work correctly? Software and so on? Do your optical drives work correctly? When you used the emergency disks, did it format or just put the new files over the top of the old ones?

I didn’t mean AMD was a POS, I meant the computer was. It’s really frustrating me. It says everything will be erased, please backup your files., so I don’t know if it does a full format or not. No matter what it keeps freezing on me! :a :a :a :a :a :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z

That sounds like a virus. Don’t forget to update your XP from that old Sasser Virus and other…

Like I said before, sounds like you just need some updates since you used that emergency disk that came with your computer!

www.windowsupdate.com