Pc is running slow

my computer just recently has been running a bit slow. ihave 2 practically indentical pc (hardware wise) my one is slow and the other one super quick and it has a tonne more data on it my computer sometimes is fast and sometimes slow i regularly tune up via windows live one care.

if you need system specs please ask.

Thanks!

What OS ?

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;2224815]What OS ?[/QUOTE]

vista ultimate with sp1 and latest updates

Post your running "Services"
Also your “Startup Folder” contents.

In the meantime, run a scan with MalwareBytes (updated) and/or SUPERAntiSpyware (updated)
Both offer free versions.

[QUOTE=jflan;2225067]Post your running "Services"
Also your “Startup Folder” contents.

In the meantime, run a scan with MalwareBytes (updated) and/or SUPERAntiSpyware (updated)
Both offer free versions.[/QUOTE]

sorry for the late reply but how do i show my services and startup in vista. running the scans now will post results soon

You most likely have something different regarding software/drivers.
So debug (compare) both machines yourself or reinstall both…
//Danne

Just read about this:

http://smartpcutilities.bravehost.com/servicesoptimizer.html

mmalwarebytes came clean and i don the full system scan

[QUOTE=dotdotme;2227763]malwarebytes came clean and i don the full system scan[/QUOTE]
OK, then I would look at Startup Folder and Services.
Also you may want to mention your security software to us, as sometimes these scanners can be heavy on system resources and work against each other if not selected and set up properly.

sorry for the late reply but how do i show my services and startup in vista. running the scans now will post results soon

In the Run Box type [B]services.msc[/B] then hit then Enter key
Now all your System Services will be listed as well as their status. Some of these Services are part of the Vista package and are necessary, while some Vista Services are not necessary for most users.
Yet even more Services have been added by additional software that has been installed on your computer. Some of these may not be necessary.
The settings are:
Automatic
Manual
Disabled

Use a pencil and paper to jot down the service, how you found it and what you changed it to.
I make a copy of the Black Viper chart (see below) and make my notes on it.
Also not a bad idea to set a new Restore Point before you begin.
Don’t make wholesale changes, just change one or two items at a time, then check for system functionality.

I leave only key services in Automatic, sometimes-used services, I place in Manual and unneeded services I disable.
Black Viper has the best guide for explaining all of this :

Don’t forget to examine your [B]Startup Folder[/B]. Often there are uninvited guests here that can severely slow your computer startup process.
For managing the Startup Folder I prefer to use WinPatrol (free) as opposed to the msconfig command.
WinPatrol will maintain a Normal startup condition after changing startup item status.