PC GTA IV to use controversial SecuROM 7 DRM

vbimport

I just posted the article PC GTA IV to use controversial SecuROM 7 DRM.

The PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV will use the controversial SecuROM 7 DRM technology, as used on the EA games Spore and Mass Effect. Rockstar claims that this DRM system is needed to…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15262-PC-GTA-IV-to-use-controversial-SecuROM-7-DRM.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15262-PC-GTA-IV-to-use-controversial-SecuROM-7-DRM.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Heh heh, this sounds like a challenge being presented to the pirates to see if they can overcome the DRM. Gee, I wonder who’ll win? :slight_smile:

“The PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV will be immediately available on torrrents minus the controversial SecuROM 7 DRM technology and easter eggs annoyances.”
-The Interwebs

By Crabbyappleton, Mon 1 Dec 2008 22:31
"The PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV will be immediately available on torrrents minus the controversial SecuROM 7 DRM technology and easter eggs annoyances."
-The Interwebs

The DRM didn’t work?!? Too bad, so sad. I really thought the DRM guys would win this one too…NOT! I wonder if Rockstar would like to have the cost of the useless DRM as profit instead of as a useless expense? :slight_smile:

I hope they don’t think they arn’t the first people to put easter eggs into the files cause this has been pretty common. So they will be taken care of pretty easily. The Securom might be the only trouble.

“… and also claims it is the most effective form of disc based copy protection currently available.”

I wonder what they based that on? Maybe they need more feedback from customers. I think the crack makers need to include a notification feature that sends an email to Rockstar after each use to let them know they have another DRM-free customer.

“SecuROM 7 is also be difficult to uninstall”

The author of this article is be a dumbass!

“Once a game using SecuROM 7 is uninstalled, the DRM service UAService7.exe remains active on the system. Rockstar said it is working with SecuROM to create instructions on how to remove the intrusive DRM service once the game is uninstalled.”

Great, some more Sony DRM sh!t that doesnt uninstall itself… Apparently they didnt learn anything from the rootkit fiasco…

And you want to tell me how great Blu-ray is too right?

:Z

Securom is not sony and securom has been raping your system like this well before Sony.

Before Sony? Can you even think of a time before Sony?!

I ask and I do recieve
http://www.gamepolitics.com/2008/12/02/report-valve039s-gabe-newell-disses-drm

Hypnosis4u2nv:
Sorry, your right it is Sony. I might of been thinking about Stardock when it comes to system raping.

AZ SUM YOANA I ISKAM DA SI IZTEGLQ IGRATA GTA ,NO NEMOGA MOJETE LI DA Q IZPRATITE PO VA6IQ TEKS:kiss::(:frowning:

AZ SUM YOANA I ISKAM DA SI IZTEGLQ IGRATA GTA ,NO NEMOGA MOJETE LI DA Q IZPRATITE PO VA6IQ TEKS:kiss::(:frowning: