PC Game Backup

vbimport

I am trying to make a back up copy of the Sims (CD) that I own. I have tried multiple software programs, including Alcohol 120, 5 star, and CloneCD. It seems that the problem is coming from the protection that the PC Game has on it (SafeDisk V2). The burners I have are SONY CD-RW CRX216E PD01 [D] & _NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD 106F [E].

I have posted multiple threads on different sites, but still no luck. Someone please help!!!

Don’t know where you’ve gotten the idea that Sims 2 uses safedisc 2. Perhaps you’re using the hopelessly outdated clony xxl. Sims 2 uses safedisc 3.2.

Anyway, with your equipment, you should try reading and writing using alcohol with your Sony (which is just a re-badged Lite-on). Try first with the plain old safedisc datatype settings and if that doesn’t work try with safedisc 2/3 datatype settings.

Read and write at low speed, say 4x or 8x and remeber that if you want to run the back-up copy from a writer (rather than an ordinary cd/dvd rom) you will have to enable Ignore media type in alcohol’s emulation settings.

Try first with a cdrw so as to avoid coasters.