PC freezes while burning dvd image

I have been having trouble when trying to burn dvd files to disk. I am using DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 to copy the files to HDD, and am not having any trouble at all with this stage. I then try to burn these files to disk, but the system freezes at various stages of the process and the PC needs to be rebooted. I currently have a success rate of about 1 in 3.

I have tried burning the files using Nero 6 and Ulead Burn now 1.15 with very no difference in success rate with either burning software.

The burner I use is the pioneer 111d. I had this burner in my old PC, and it worked flawlessy. I was using CloneDvd and AnyDVD at the time. When I built my new PC I transfered the burner and the CloneDVD/AnyDVD combination and started having troubles. That’s when I tried using DVD Shrink, but the problems continued. I updated the firmware with no change to the problem

I have now borrowed a pioneer 112d burner and the problems continue.

I have tried burning at different speeds, i have updated my motherboard’s bios all to no avail

DMA mode is enabled.

The discs I use are Verbatim 16x -R, but have also tried Ritek, no difference.

The PC specs:
Windows XP Pro SP2
Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86Ghz
1GB RAM
300GB HDD
Pioneer 112D 18x Burner

If anybody has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated as this is becoming quite frustrating. If you need any more info, please just ask.

Brigga wrote" If anybody has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated as this is becoming quite frustrating. If you need any more info, please just ask.

Post a Nero burn log…and use diff proggie as shrink is outdated , try the free DVDFab HD Decrypter or DVDFab Platinum 30 day free trial… :slight_smile: