vbimport

Config
MB-ASUS M3A78-EM
proc-AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core, 2310MHz
Memory-2 GB
HD-SATA 500GB ,Second HD-IDE 80GB
Burner-LG SATA BURNER
OS-xp sp2

pc won’t boot after POST.Screen is just black.
i have found out that when i disconnect my sata dvd burner and Ide hard disk,pc boot normally.but when i connect them,problem arises.
Now i also find that
when i select hard disk as first in boot order.pc don’t start.but if i select dvd drive as first boot and hard disk as second.it starts.
what is happening here?

One or more of your drives are bad (optical or HDD), try them in another PC.

if i connect them seperately they normally.i have no other PC to check them out.

Why not select dvd drive as first boot and hard disk as second if it works that way? That’s the way most set boot order anyway in case boot to CD or DVD is needed.

i am using that way right now.but i want to resolve the problem and also it also not boot when cold start.i have restart 2-3 times ,when i start the pc from cold condition.

[QUOTE=sujeet2555;2536575]but i want to resolve the problem and also it also not boot when cold start.i have restart 2-3 times ,when i start the pc from cold condition.[/QUOTE]

Had the same exact thing happen to me with a brand new fresh out of the box mobo I would have
to restart 2-3 times to ever get it to boot up all the way to Windows. I updated the BIOS and the
trouble went away so if you haven’t already done so I’d try updating the BIOS. :iagree:

Try going into your bios and looking for “storage configuration” it should be on the first page of the bios under the list of connected drives. If it is set to “AHCI” change it to “IDE”

[QUOTE=slayerking;2536654]Try going into your bios and looking for “storage configuration” it should be on the first page of the bios under the list of connected drives. If it is set to “AHCI” change it to “IDE”[/QUOTE]

it is set as sata there is no ide option.

[QUOTE=sujeet2555;2536674]it is set as sata there is no ide option.[/QUOTE]
Yes there is and that is your problem. Select the line that says “AHCI” and press ENTER it will bring up a list that will have AHCI, RAID and IDE as options, select IDE

[QUOTE=slayerking;2536699]Yes there is and that is your problem. Select the line that says “AHCI” and press ENTER it will bring up a list that will have AHCI, RAID and IDE as options, select IDE[/QUOTE]

when i select AHCI and pressed enter ,no other option comes,as you say.
it is only AHCI.pc restart from boot screen when AHCI is selected.
i have american megatrend vs 2.61 having option as:
onchip sata channel -enabled
onchip sata type-sata.

[QUOTE=sujeet2555;2537436]when i select AHCI and pressed enter ,no other option comes,as you say.
it is only AHCI.pc restart from boot screen when AHCI is selected.
i have american megatrend vs 2.61 having option as:
onchip sata channel -enabled
onchip sata type-sata.[/QUOTE]I have the same bios so it has to be there :wink: the problem is you have an IDE HDD not SATA and you have SATA/AHCI selected in the bios so when it boots it looks for an SATA HDD but there isn’t one that’s why when you put your SATA optical drive first it is booting.

Try the onchip sata type- sata option see if you can change that. I’ve checked and it is this option.

my main hard disk is sata. for the moment put my second ide hard disk out of scene.
NOW i have a sata HD and a sata burner.so tell me the resolution now.
could it be a hard disk controller problem of sata HD ??

Hmmm I was under the impression from a previous post your hdd was IDE. Did you update the bios? I would also try booting from the xp disc and go to the recovery console and type fixboot.

apparently half problem solved .i installed window7 on second hard disk i.e. IDE primary partition and setup has installed boot manager on the first sata hard disk c drive.
now i can boot from the sata hard disk.but still has some problems ,some new one also.

1. in cold starting ,pc still get stuck .i get no BIOS logo.screen is black.HD LED is cont. red.
  2. how can i boot from second hard disk if boot loader is installed on 1rst HD.
  3. lastly how can i restore the original window xp boot .

[QUOTE=sujeet2555;2538040]

1. in cold starting ,pc still get stuck .i get no BIOS logo.screen is black.HD LED is cont. red.
  2. how can i boot from second hard disk if boot loader is installed on 1rst HD.
  3. lastly how can i restore the original window xp boot .[/QUOTE]
    1: Update/reflash the bios and clear the cmos, Don’t keep the settings. It sounds like your bios has gone awol.
    2: It should come up with an option to boot windows XP or windows 7. Select either one it will do the rest.
    3: Boot from the XP cd got to the recovery console put in the information it asks when you have got in type “fixboot” without the “”.

[QUOTE=slayerking;2538076]1: Update/reflash the bios and clear the cmos, Don’t keep the settings. It sounds like your bios has gone awol.
2: It should come up with an option to boot windows XP or windows 7. Select either one it will do the rest.
3: Boot from the XP cd got to the recovery console put in the information it asks when you have got in type “fixboot” without the “”.[/QUOTE]

thanx for the answer.
1.OK i will think that, BTW i have clear the CMOS .
2.i know that but if i use the second hard disk only ,how can i boot in win7 as the there is no boot mgr in that drive.
3.question answered.thanx.