PC Case building software?

vbimport

Is there such a thing? I would like to cusomter design my own case and make it. I do not have any experience with softimage, 3d studio or lightwave. Just bryce and Poser.
I read in a magazine years ago that there was such a software and can’t find it anywhere.
Can someone help me out?
Thanks in advance.

Have a look at this. Protocase

http://www.protocase.com/www/designer/

Making a custom PC enclosure with Protocase [ Tom’s Hardware Guide ]

:cool: :cool:

Thanks , that was interesting reading from Tom’s Hardware.
I don’t want to spend as much as they did, a little over $1100.00.
I just want to be able make a model of it and then make my plans out of card board and go from there.

Well worth it if you have th emoney to burn, if I did I would defintaley go there.

THanks
Dan

Here a thought have you looked at the pc case makers and their cases they made? There are plenty of cases out there for almost every needs from just basic to hard core gamers and even though in between. So unless your taking your case to some case beauty competition - I don’t see a real in value in building the case when they are relative inexpensive to buy online. So if you don’t to spend as much as they did build a custom case what is the reason your looking to build the case? Also there are plenty of case makers out there that have cases to fit almost every needs and boards. Plus your board will limit you to how your case will be built. I did notice you refer to making the case but didn’t mention about what kinda motherboard or what kinda hardware and future expansion your going to put into it? Those factors should be taken into consideration if you going to build your own case. Custom cases will always cost more and unless you really have the know how or tools as well and also you will need time to build the case. I am saying you don’t have to but have you sat down and figure the cost aspect of building the case and the part involved?

You can custom design your own case with Sketchup software. What do you plan to make your case out of? Acrylic or aluminum sheets? Laser cutting is very expensive on the pockets. If you want something cheaper, you can build yourself a custom acrylic case. I read an article on water-cooling.com (website is currently down as I’m typing), and the guy made his case out of acrylic sheets using the Sketchup software. I’m not sure what you plan to make your case out of though. You can also make your case out of wood if that’s what you’re looking for. I’ve seen custom cases made out of wood that had sliding bamboo doors on the sides. I’ve also seen cases made out of a cow milk jug. The difficulty is what you plan to make your case out of. But if you’re just looking for a big case (as I am, for water cooling later) then you should get something like this Modular Cube Case, otherwise you could always get a nice Lian Li full tower case.

[QUOTE=carrachu;1698349]Is there such a thing? I would like to cusomter design my own case and make it. I do not have any experience with softimage, 3d studio or lightwave. Just bryce and Poser.
I read in a magazine years ago that there was such a software and can’t find it anywhere.
Can someone help me out?
Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
I have built over 50 computer towers with Autocad, and I love to program software but there is not any software for me to find in this search. If you tell me how to get to the software, I’ll help you out. Contact me at any time. I’d love to work with you!

Plus I am new to this account.

[QUOTE=Sups;2739968]I have built over 50 computer towers with Autocad, and I love to program software but there is not any software for me to find in this search. If you tell me how to get to the software, I’ll help you out. Contact me at any time. I’d love to work with you!

Plus I am new to this account.[/QUOTE]

Did you know this posting was from 2007??? This way to old posting to resurrect this discussion best left for a new posting.