PBDS DVD+-RW DH 16W1S ATA driver erro!

My friend has a Dell Inspiron 530S dekstop, but his PBDS DVD±RW DH 16W1S ATA drive has been giving him some errors lately… The driver is corrupt according to me… And I google for the latest firmware and drivers to flash his drive with but to no avail, could someone guide me to help my friend fix this problem?

@ ashwin.terminator,

What specifically leads you to suspect that the PBDS DVD±RW DH 16W1S “The [B]drive[/B]r is corrupt according to me”.

The “[B]Driver[/B]” is part of and included in the Widows Operating System.

Perhaps it would be helpful if you explained in specific detail exactly what problems your Friend is experiencing with the PBDS DVD±RW DH 16W1S Optical Drive.

Provide the complete full-untruncated Error Narrative and Error Codes that are being displayed.

Regards,
bjkg

well, for one, the drive doesn’t show in My Computer(uses Vista Home Basic) and two, under Device Manager, it has a yellow exclamation mark next to it… And as expected try to update the driver using Windows doesn’t help…

well, initially, it would help if someone could provide the latest firmware for it… I could try flashing it and see if it works…

anybody??

@ ashwin.terminator,

As previously stated the “Driver” is part of and included in the Widows Vista Home Basic Operating System software. The “Driver” is contained in the Windows Vista Home Basic installation CD. Suggest in Device Manger to un-install the DH 16W1S Optical Drive. When the Computer is rebooted Windows will attempt to re-install the DH 16W1S Optical Drive. If this is unsuccessful then use the Hardware Update Wizard and direct the Hardware Update Wizard to the Windows Vista Home Basic Installation CD for the “Driver”.

Mr. Dell at their Web Site has an extremely extensive list of Firmware for the Optical Drives installed in their Computes. Suggest visiting the Dell Web Site for Firmware for the Dell Inspiron 530S Desktop Computer DH 16W1S Optical Drive.

Regards,
bjkg

is SATA and ATA the same?? But what if he doesn’t have the Installation CD??

will this suffice??
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&deviceid=15063&libid=32&releaseid=R190646&vercnt=1&formatcnt=0&SystemID=INSP_DSKTP_D530S&servicetag=&os=WLH&osl=en&catid=32&impid=-1

@ ashwin.terminator,

Out of curiosity if you don’t have an Windows Vista Home Basic Installation CD how would you re-install the Vista Home Basic Operating System if you had a HardDrive failure that required HardDrive replacement?

SATA = Serial Advanced Technology Attachement

ATA (PATA/IDE) = Parallel Advanced Technology Attachement

SATA and ATA (PATA/IDE) are two entirely different types of interfaces and are not interchangeable.

Regards,
bjkg

give it back to Dell perhaps… :stuck_out_tongue: I dunno… :frowning:
So does the link I provided suffice??

I have the same computer, and the same drive. And i’m having the same problem, it seems, only since i used the recovery partition on my computer to repair windows after some problems i had.
If anyone has found a way to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. I tried downloading the file from Dell, but it’s telling me there’s no Drive there for it.

i have the same computer the same drive and the same problems.
when itry to download the driver from dell it says:-
"cannot download the application
the application is missing required files
contact application vender for assistance"
it i go on to device manager and uninstall the device, when i restart the computer
it tried to install the device but fails.
i rang a dell helpline the man said that the device was probably corrupted
and he suggested that i buy a 3 year warranty for the computer. for £139.

@ Caldayjd and leonius,

Welcome to the Forum.

Something to consider <–> The CDFreaks Forum is not the Dell Computer Technical Support Site.

Suggest that you contact Dell Computer Tech Support and have them correct “their” Dell Computer problem. In seeing that a minimum of 3 different Members have “the same problem” is a clear indication that Mr. Dell Computer has a problem with their Dell Inspiron 530s Desktop Computer.

Regards,
bjkg

Do you have iTune installed on your machine? Try uninstall iTune. I had the same problem on my Windows 7 system (after messing around for the whole day with the drivers and installing/uninstalling the device etc), it apparently solved the problem for now but, so I heard, the problem would resurface again. :eek:

[QUOTE=bjkg;2408915]@ Caldayjd and leonius,

Welcome to the Forum.

Something to consider <–> The CDFreaks Forum is not the Dell Computer Technical Support Site.

Suggest that you contact Dell Computer Tech Support and have them correct “their” Dell Computer problem. In seeing that a minimum of 3 different Members have “the same problem” is a clear indication that Mr. Dell Computer has a problem with their Dell Inspiron 530s Desktop Computer.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]