Pay to be a member?

Recently another forum “CDR****.cc” has been asking for donations from its members for the high Bandwith usage. What I don’t understand, is that this site has gone into Legal status only, so why would the webmaster request donations if nothing is being downloaded and members are just posting and reading the threads.

Is this going too happen here? Donation requirements for the posting and reading of threads! There can be no high bandwith charges for this forum and it is all legal and above board, no masons here, possible but we would never know(secret society, with their own rules, and above the police).

So low bandwith would be fine for reading threads and creating new topics of interest.

anyhow too end this topic, I would sincerely hope the webmaster doesn’t introduce the same. I have noted that since the aforementioned site has come clean, I believe there has been very few posts. The site has shut down several times, and then reopened, noone really knows the truth of what the future holds, so I just say long live and prosper well CDFreaks Forum and the members

Greetz to The Forum;)

Well you can donate if you want to help us, and clicking the banners is another way of giving CD Freaks a little money with little effort.
I hope, and think, that CD Freaks will never turn into a subscription site, we’re to good for that! :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Airhead
Well you can donate if you want to help us, and clicking the banners is another way of giving CD Freaks a little money with little effort.
I hope, and think, that CD Freaks will never turn into a subscription site, we’re to good for that! :slight_smile:

Thanks for that mate, I wont need too ask again, but if you do need a little donation then I am sure we will all help you out. Being a W**** site has killed CDR**** off. They should never have introduced Pi**** in the fist place, hence the webmaster is stating in a post unless donations are made the site will close, plus this is his intention anyway, he has made it quite clear stating the high bandwith etc, you know the rest, we will let sleeping dogs lie, in otherwords don’t dig up the past. What has been and gone should stay that way. You can’t change what has already happend, in laymans terms you cannot change the past. A hard lesson too learn, but it had to be said. I am only trying too post intelligent replies or new threads in the future, starting from now!

Greets too the site, forum and all the members.:smiley:

Originally posted by intercept
Donation requirements

isnt that a bit of an oxymoron?

Originally posted by ckin2001
[B]

isnt that a bit of an oxymoron? [/B]

Me and my post? its reality mate I have know for a while about CDR**** I am sorry if I upset you but the other moderator gave me support :slight_smile:

I assume that the first * is an ‘i’ right? And when your website gets a lot of traffic, even small things like viewing and posting in threads can cause lots of bandwitdh to be used.

Originally posted by ckin2001
[B]

isnt that a bit of an oxymoron? [/B]
Yes it is :wink:

Originally posted by Hemispasm
Yes it is :wink:

oxymoron does not even appear in The Collins English Dictionary, so I guess you make your own dictionary up as you go along! But don’t worry ignorance is the best form of defence. I don’t post on this site too get the threads thrown back @ me, do I care not anymore, there are far more things too worry about in life than petty arguments against another member which is stooping very low to say the least. At least be a man and have some respect! It does’t take alot and its free!

Have a nice day:bigsmile:

@intercept: An oxymoron is when you relate two words that are opposite, for example when you said “Donation requirement”, for a donation is supposed to be voluntary and such :slight_smile:
Or like “Peaceful war”, things of the like.

Edit: Well, guess you figured it out as I was typing it :bigsmile:

Originally posted by intercept
[B]

oxymoron does not even appear in The Collins English Dictionary, so I guess you make your own dictionary up as you go along! But don’t worry ignorance is the best form of defence. I don’t post on this site too get the threads thrown back @ me, do I care not anymore, there are far more things too worry about in life than petty arguments against another member which is stooping very low to say the least. At least be a man and have some respect! It does’t take alot and its free!

Have a nice day:bigsmile: [/B]

Indeed my friend I take step down:bow: how right you are Oxymoron= a figure of speech that combines two contradictory terms. for example cruel Kindness. I am that tired as I spent 12 hrs yesterday helping my mate and his family move from a small 3 bedroom house too a massive 4 bedroom house, it was only around the corner, but took about 10 trips in the van and one trip in my motor, plus I haven’t slept all nite, so I am dead on my feat:eek:

So I am gonna take a nap, I can hardly see what I am typing out lol my eyes are that bad:cool: thats better with cool shades lmao

Greetz to the Best forum on The Web

military intelligence is the prime example, methinks :slight_smile:

Originally posted by ckin2001
military intelligence is the prime example, methinks :slight_smile:

Lots of Moderators keeping an eye on my posts lol I find that quite amusing:D

Greets too yee old key holders for the Dungeons:cool: :wink:

Keep up the good work lads:cop: I am not as bad as you may think I am, I do have lateral thoughts as well:p :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Fallen
[B]@intercept: An oxymoron is when you relate two words that are opposite, for example when you said “Donation requirement”, for a donation is supposed to be voluntary and such :slight_smile:
Or like “Peaceful war”, things of the like.

Edit: Well, guess you figured it out as I was typing it :bigsmile: [/B]

Yup a donation is like giving food supplies too third world countries out of pure kindness rather than it being a demanding requirement that we must carry out!

:smiley:

Originally posted by dhc014
I assume that the first * is an ‘i’ right? And when your website gets a lot of traffic, even small things like viewing and posting in threads can cause lots of bandwitdh to be used.

No he means cdrsoft, the site you think of, doesn’t have that much traffic.

Anyway, don’t underestimate the amount of traffic this forum gets. We have over 20.000 daily visitors on the forum, and besides the usage of datatraffic, which is probably around 50 GB a month, it also requires a lot of CPU power of the server, and that is why we recently upgraded our server. There is not much what we can do about it other then running banners and hoping for support of companies.

We work hard on the site and unfortunately we need money to keep it running, that’s also why you see those annoying banners with Saddam e.g on top. Not much is free in this world, and also our forum isn’t. You don’t pay for the access, and we never plan to let you pay, but you have to view our banners instead, but I think many prefer that over paying a monthly fee or whatsoever!

Hi guys,I am the admin at Cdrsoft forum.The forum has gone legal,it will be renamed soon.You guys know why it went legal, from your ‘old’ days.Hope that helps…:wink:

Oh…almost forgot…NOBODY pays to use the forum!:)Many have made donations before the changeover.

The kids are losing their “free toys”…but it had to be done :wink:

If high bandwidth useage is a concern for this forum, why don’t this forum move to another hosting site that offers unlimited bandwidth. Try this hosting service www.ehosting.ca they offer unlimited bandwidth. Don’t know how but they just do. Who knows, they might even charge you in Canadian dollars which is cheap for those US customers, since our dollar is low.

Thanks bud,it is no longer a concern.The forum is cleaned up,and on it’s own.:wink:

So you have left N.B. ?