Pay attention my dear

I don’t think I need to say more.
The news story says it all.

You see! I told you social networking was dangerous!! :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

It’s gets worse! I’m going to change and leave out a few things in case; There’s a slim chance a close relation that lives near me might just read this and they are still very upset. Of course, they have no idea of my name on here.

Walking along the street the person was checking out their Facebook page and stepped in front of a tram. they died instantly. they were only 25 years old with a two year old daughter. This happened in a European city.

What makes it more sad is they only joined Facebook the day before.
Please Guys, be careful I would hate this to happen again, especially to anyone here.
I’m sorry that wasn’t a very happy story, but it shows how easy these things can distract us.

To lighten it up a bit, my mate was playing a game on his phone walking down an avenue near where I live and he walked straight in to one of the Mets (A London Policeman) finest! He got a right bollo… err telling off, now that was funny. Although the policeman didn’t think so.

I won’t have this happen to me I refuse to join Facebook.
My concern is someone on Facebook or one of the other social media sites checking it while driving. I’ve been waiting for the headline :
[B]Man drives onto sidewalk & kills ten pedestrians while checking Facebook[/B]

The more common one would be he hits another vehicle while on Facebook. The same for texting on a cell phone.
My 2¢

Cellphones infuriate me, although I do have one myself.
I been bumped into on the pavement a few times by someone playing with their cellphone.

My daughter gets on my nerves. She’ll ask for £10 for a top up, then send texts to her mates who are standing right beside her. :confused:

I’ll ask her why she is sending a text to someone who is right next to her instead of talking to her, and looks at me as if I just asked a stupid question.

I’ve turned the screw, once her weekly allowance is gone, its gone. She gets no more money until the Friday.

[QUOTE=Dee;2713584]Cellphones infuriate me, although I do have one myself.
I been bumped into on the pavement a few times by someone playing with their cellphone.

My daughter gets on my nerves. She’ll ask for £10 for a top up, then send texts to her mates who are standing right beside her. :confused:

I’ll ask her why she is sending a text to someone who is right next to her instead of talking to her, and looks at me as if I just asked a stupid question.

I’ve turned the screw, once her weekly allowance is gone, its gone. She gets no more money until the Friday.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I ought to try that with my son, he is constantly on his cell phone and I had to opt for the unlimited Data Plan because he is always using it, I only use it for e-mail, but he is so lazy, instead of looking for a free Wifi spot, he just uses data, I should cut it off.:rolleyes:

Will not happen to me either do not have facebook. It will not happen to me texting either or going on the internet on my phone this computer nerd only uses his phone to call.

I wonder how many accidents there are we never hear about. OK is someone kills or injures themselves, that is their fault. As cholla says it’s the innocent people that it’s so unfair to, imagine that could be a whole bus queue, through a shop window and flatten people inside the shop/store.

I tried Facebook once, no one took any notice of me and I found the whole thing boring and stupid. I’ve never had a Twitter account as I really cannot see the point and it seems a great way to get in to deep sh** by saying the wrong thing.
I hate mobile phones as well, I really only use mine to stay in touch with my wife if I have to go out on my own to stop her worrying if I’m OK, or I get in touch if I get in to difficulties. I have enough trouble walking with an elbow crutch, let alone texting at the same time! :frowning:

not new…

//youtu.be/mg11glsBW4Y

That looks like it hurt. I wonder if they will learn a lesson from this?
One of my neighbours called in last night and we were talking about this problem, she admitted walking in to a lamp post while texting. Annoyingly this was for work. She’s a district matron and couldn’t reach a carer as the persons phone was engaged, hurrying to the next patient, when wham! The post stepped out in front of her. She got a nice bump on the head, a smashed phone and felt really stupid as there were many people around at the time. Oh dear, it was hard not to smile, especially as she thought the whole thing was funny a week or so later and was laughing when she was telling me about it. It wasn’t funny at the time though.