Pauses Between Tracks

I am using Ahead Nero burning software, version 5.5.4.9 and cannot get rid of the 2 second gap that is introduced when I copy a disc where the songs all run together (like The Moody Blues CD’s.)
Does anyone know a way around this?
When I change the value of the pause between tracks to 0 seconds, the song endings and beginnings are cut-off.

It’s the Ahead’s stupid bug in Nero from version 5500 until 5572 or 5578…
You’ve been burning compilations without the last sector of every song all that time.

You’ll have to update Nero. (or use something better).

Try Ahead’s support… I’m curious to know what they will say…

Originally posted by ommadawn

Does anyone know a way around this?
When I change the value of the pause between tracks to 0 seconds, the song endings and beginnings are cut-off.

Double click the required track in the audio -> Properties -> Track Properties tab ->
Pause and set it, for instance, to 0.2 secs or 15 frames.

For audio I use strickly Feurio!

Pauses between the tracks:

In this menu you can select if a pause between the tracks shall be inserted.
The following settings are available:

*Insert no pauses between the tracks - round track marks
In this mode Feurio! do not insert any pauses between the wave files, the wave files will be burned directly one after the other.
Unfortunately there is a little problem with it:
Due to the structure of the CD directory the start of a track always has to be a sector start. A CD-Audio sector contains 588 samples.
If you use wave files that do not contain a multiple of 588 samples the next starting position can not be set exactly. In this mode Feurio! sets the track mark to the nearest sector start, i. e. the start position will be shifted a maximum of 294 samples.
If you attach great importance to exact start positions, you have to choose the mode ”Minimum pauses - Fill up tracks to multiple of sector size”

*Minimum pauses - Fill up tracks to multiple of sector size
In this mode Feurio! inserts exactly as many null samples at the end of each wave file as are required to get a multiple of the CD sector size.
If the used wave files already contain a multiple of the CD sector size, no additional null samples are added.

*Insert a 2 second pause between the tracks
A 2 second pause is inserted before each track. This is the standard for normal Audio-CDs.

*User-defined pauses
User-defined pauses are used.
In addition the menu User-defined pauses will be displayed, the exact values can be entered here. For further information see: ”User-defined pauses”.

From: Feurio! CD-Writer online help © by Fangmeier Systemprogrammierung