Patriot Wildfire

vbimport

I haven’t seen anything posted here on the Patriot Wildfire SSD. This is the newest Sata III Sandforce 2200 based SSD available,

I’ve been very concerned about the stability of 2200 based drives from other manufacturers, but “so far” I haven’t seen anything too serious for the Wildfire, The performance is > 500MB/s r/w and IOPS in the 85,000 range. Price is over $2+/GB, but things are still early.

Anyone have one and care to share? Anybody else excited? :cool:

As far as i’m aware. It uses the SandForce reference design PCB and firmware, which should make it the same as any other SF-2281 based SSD, with the exception of the OCZ Vertex 3, which has a PCB designed and built in house by OCZ.

I’ve seen the benchmark tests for the Wildfire. For the price, I’m not that impressed. The vertex agility 3 beats it in some of the tests… Best bang for buck is going for the vertex 3, agility 3, micron m4, crucial c300, and similar sata 3 ssd’s and watch for sales, which seem to be weekly

[QUOTE=Dee;2597103]As far as i’m aware. It uses the SandForce reference design PCB and firmware, which should make it the same as any other SF-2281 based SSD, with the exception of the OCZ Vertex 3, which has a PCB designed and built in house by OCZ.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps not Dee. From -http://www.anandtech.com/show/4341/ocz-vertex-3-max-iops-patriot-wildfire-ssds-reviewed/11

“According to Patriot the latest 3.19 firmware it’s shipping on the drives resolved the limited number of BSOD issues it saw in its testing, however it’s my understanding that this is not the same firmware that OCZ just pushed out (v2.09) so the BSOD issue could still be present”

If you can believe reviews, the Patriot has exhibited no instability issues.