Patin-Couffin Driver old versions?

Is there anywhere to download older versions of the Patin-Couffin driver?

TIA. :slight_smile:

[quote=4hams;1924348]Is there anywhere to download older versions of the Patin-Couffin driver?

TIA. :)[/quote]
I would think VSO support would oblige you, but that is just my opinion. They have always been very helpful in the past, if you have older versions of some software that uses it , you may be able to extract the driver from the software.:iagree:

Thanks alan! Your a good man…

Question for ya, why is there a VSO section here when it appears they rarely answer posts??? What a waist of time this section is… :(:(:frowning:

[quote=4hams;1924596]Thanks alan! Your a good man…

Question for ya, why is there a VSO section here when it appears they rarely answer posts??? What a waist of time this section is… :(:(:([/quote]
Portmac is here , its just that he is is Austrailia and we are sleeping when he is awake. LOL.:iagree:

When does he drop by once a month? Have a look at the threads in this section that no one from VSO has answered… Some threads have gone weeks. :eek::frowning:

Try the VSO website. They have forums.

Thanks for the advice! I will probably have to go that route but preffered not too as this forum usually has answers for Most anything computer related and it doesn’t say much for a forum of this size and knowledge when the best advice is to go to another forum… :frowning:

@4hams
What version You are looking for? I have 1.35/#35.
Burn On,
Russell

You need go no further than here my friend. I talk to Portmac occasionally, let me see what I can do. Not promising anything though.:bigsmile:

Sorry I have not checked back! Version 135 or 136 should work perfectly for me thanks!

Old versions of the PC driver are not available for download, however should you need a specific version you can contact me or VSO support.

Thanks for the offer Portmac! I will PM you. :slight_smile:

@Pernal,
Thank you very much for sending me Version 135, it did the trick!

[QUOTE=4hams;1937321]Thanks for the offer Portmac! I will PM you. :)[/QUOTE]
I only just got the email notification of your reply…4 days later.

Thanks Portmac. When using burning software that utilizes the Pattin-Couffin, DVD2DVD: 5.6.0.4, VSO_HWE: 2.1.3.324 and BOUDUCON: 2.0.0.75 discs are not being recognized properly and the lead-in times can be horendous upto 2:30 in a lot of cases.

This is not just happening on one optical drive but a number of drives. Very prevelent with the LG H55 series, Samsung SH-S203 series and others. 16x verbs and Yudens that should be recognized as able to burn @20x are often only being seen at 12 x.

Also some of the software that has an option to use SAO or DAO will only use SAO even when DAO is selected with -R media.

If you go into the Device Manager and disable the Pattin-Couffin Acces layer the success rate is very high to have proper recognition and lead-In times are very acceptable at about 12 to 18 seconds.

This issue became appaerent back around March or April when the above listed items were updated by VSO.

Any word on when there may be updates for these items? :slight_smile: