Pathplayer shows disabled but is set always enable

ive been playing with the new full disc features and i can see why they are becoming a new favorite. i did run into trouble with one dvd. its a kids movie with a game containing several button over video options. Disneys: my friends tiger and pooh: super sleuth christamas.

i have pathplayer always enabled, the initial scan only takes about 30 secs, i choose full disc and the new navigation options are grayed out. so i tried another disc and the navigation options are there again. i checked the info and it says pathplayer is disabled, however pathplayer is always enabled. i even disabled, restarted fab, enabled and restarted fab again. i adjusted the scan bov and scan vobu settings from min to max in different intervals, still same results each time.

Info for drive [E:] (DVDFab Platinum 4.0.1.2)
Drive region: 1

Disc type: Video DVD
Disc region: 1
Volume name: MFTP_SUPER_SLEUTH_CHRISTMAS
Video standard: NTSC
Layer 0 size: 1764336 sectors (3445 MBytes)
Layer 1 size: 1764336 sectors (3445 MBytes)

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is removed!
RC (Region Code) protection is removed!
RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
APS (Analog Protection System) protection is removed!
UOPs (User Operation Prohobitions) protection is removed!
Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is removed!
Fake vts protection is not found!
3 potential bad sector protections are removed!
Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
Invalid CELLs protection is removed!
Invalid VOBUs protection is removed!

PathPlayer is disabled.

troy

Troy
You do have to restart DVDFab after manually enabling PathPlayer. Have you tried setting the bottom slider so that every VOBU (“one for every one”)is scanned (far left) with the top slider to the far right? Scanning will be SLOW with these settings.

[QUOTE=signals;1938394]You do have to restart DVDFab after manually enabling PathPlayer. [/QUOTE]

set bov at 600 and vobu at 1 and always enable pathplayer, restarted dvdfab. scan was 3½ min but still no navigation options and info shows pathplayer disabled.

also this has only happened with this one title. i did do a full disc back-up with copy dvd video checked, the back-up copy behaves the same as original. this is not an issue for me, just wanted to report this strange behavior. amazon.com info, couldnt find it at imdb.com.

troy

Hi Troy i was having trouble with DVDFab Plat and Imgburn. I have a HDD image saved for times like this and loaded my image and poof all problems gone.

I know that doesn’t help but maybe in the future.

This is weird, but I have this problem with any files previously ripped to my harddrive. (VIDEO_TS folders or .iso files) I can not enable pathplayer for any of them if I want to analyze them with DVDFab platinum, but pathplayer will show enabled for any disc that I put in my dvd drive. This has been for 4.0.1.2 and 4.0.1.4 Beta for me. I wonder if I can mount a virtual drive to get pathplayer to work for the VIDEO_TS folders or .isos stored on my harddrive? Any thoughts or reports of others with this problem?

I can’t find the post but I thought Fengtao said this would be corrected/changed in a future release (the “PathPlayer shows disabled when source is folder” problem).

I was messing around with Fab last night and noticed the folder problem.

Thanks for the lightning fast responses as usual. I will be patiently waiting for future releases to clear up this little quirk.:iagree:

[QUOTE=rolling56;1938462]Hi Troy i was having trouble with DVDFab Plat and Imgburn. I have a HDD image saved for times like this and loaded my image and poof all problems gone.

I know that doesn’t help but maybe in the future.[/QUOTE]

hi how do you get a hdd image? Is that like an iso? thx

[QUOTE=cyspur;1942264]hi how do you get a hdd image? Is that like an iso? thx[/QUOTE]

You can save the image to the hdd several ways. Fab is configured to save to a “temporary file” as a default setting. This is deleted after you burn, finalize and click finish.

>You can simply uncheck [B]Delete temporary files when done[/B].
(Thus, your image will remain on the hdd until you manually delete).
>Choose a location on your hdd(s) as the [B]Target[/B] instead of burning to blank media.
Fab is configured to “save” the files in file mode, ie., to a folder which contains VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders.
(This is the “folder” icon to the right of [B]Source[/B] and [B]Target[/B]).

>If you want to save the file as an .ISO, you must choose the “.ISO” icon(the eardogged page with the disc overlay just to the right of the "folder"icon), and save to the hdd.

The only direct method of saving an .ISO file with unchecking [B]Delete temporary files when done[/B] is to choose clone mode.

Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=cyspur;1942264]hi how do you get a hdd image? Is that like an iso? thx[/QUOTE]I used the free Seagate Disc Wizard. It looks and is made by Acronis.

[QUOTE=rolling56;1942466]I used the free Seagate Disc Wizard. It looks and is made by Acronis.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info rolling…
I use Acronis True Image…it’s a great program.
Allows me to regularly clone my system hdd, so I’m never up the “proverbial creek without a paddle”. I think newegg still retails it for about $30…well worth it.

Never heard of Seagate Disc Wizard…and free huh?
Sounds like a great little utility.

[QUOTE=maineman;1942498]Thanks for the info rolling…
I use Acronis True Image…it’s a great program.
Allows me to regularly clone my system hdd, so I’m never up the “proverbial creek without a paddle”. I think newegg still retails it for about $30…well worth it.

Never heard of Seagate Disc Wizard…and free huh?
Sounds like a great little utility.[/QUOTE]yeah Maxtor and Seagate have it on their site. It’s like Acronis light. You have to have a Maxtor or Seagate drive installed to use it.

Cool.
The majority of my hdds are seagate, got a couple maxtors…doesn’t everybody…:wink: and a couple WD and sammy’s.

Does this utility do anything that acronis TI doesn’t?
Yeah, I know I should just go look, but somehow I figure your feedback will be a whole lot more useful than researching their site.
Thanks…:iagree:

[QUOTE=maineman;1942516]Cool.
The majority of my hdds are seagate, got a couple maxtors…doesn’t everybody…:wink: and a couple WD and sammy’s.

Does this utility do anything that acronis TI doesn’t?
Yeah, I know I should just go look, but somehow I figure your feedback will be a whole lot more useful than researching their site.
Thanks…:iagree:[/QUOTE]It’s a lite version. You cannot do incremental back ups only full ones. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles as Acronis does. But it’s made by Acronis.

Sorry off topic Troy :flower:

hey thats ok

[QUOTE=rolling56;1942523]Sorry off topic Troy :flower:[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah…:o:doh:
me sorry too Troy…:bow:

im not worried about this thread anymore. i did a full disc back up and everything plays fine. just wanted to get the strange behavior of this particular disc out there and see if anyone responded with “i have the same problem with (insert movie title)” but no such reply.

now back on topic:p

is there similar such backup tools for wd or hitachi drives?

[QUOTE=troy512;1942586]now back on topic:p

is there similar such backup tools for wd or hitachi drives?[/QUOTE]
For free? Not that i know of. Acronis is what i was using.

This lite Seagate version is smaller than Acronis is why i’m using it right now. And to test it.