PathPlayer Setting Question

There are a lot of you guys out there that know a lot more than I ever will. My question is, if you leave the setting at the default and you backup your movie and all seems to go well, you think you have a good backup. But when you play it you have freezing, distorted and such. This did this on The Bourne Ultimatum. I think I read in this fourm that it had no protection. So how do you know what setting to use, as all goes well till you watch it. Do you keep makeing coasters till you get it. So how do you guys do it.

Thanks

[QUOTE=camper913;1955249]There are a lot of you guys out there that know a lot more than I ever will. My question is, if you leave the setting at the default and you backup your movie and all seems to go well, you think you have a good backup. But when you play it you have freezing, distorted and such. This did this on The Bourne Ultimatum. I think I read in this fourm that it had no protection. So how do you know what setting to use, as all goes well till you watch it. Do you keep makeing coasters till you get it. So how do you guys do it.

Thanks[/QUOTE]Sounds like the blank media you are using…what is your choice of blank media?

find some post by jimbo, you will have no trouble finding his recommended settings. i have pathplayer always enable with default scanning. like rolling suggested seems like a media problem.

troy

Useing Verbatim DVD+R.

[U]custom ui[/U]
main movie at top

[U]preview[/U]
uncheck both

[U]read settings[/U]
ask retry/ignore
retry 3 times
skip 64 sectors

[U]write settings[/U]
vso burn engine
8x write speed
sao for dvd-r
4472 dvd5 size
check overwrite rw automatically
check set booktype to DVD-ROM

[U]protection[/U]
all checked

[U]pathplayer[/U]
always enabled
default scanning

[U]audio[/U]
preselect amharic
select dolby digital
select first track
(this has worked for me it will always preselect english 5.1)

[U]subpicture[/U]
do not preselect

think thats all i change, when i started i used all default values and didnt have any problems. just overtime made changes to better suite my preferences.

troy