Patching TS-H653N (HP OEM) firmware

Ok I really need help with this! I downloaded the .exe file from the link before (ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwar…-1/sp37498.exe), but I am having trouble loading it into MediCodeSpeedEdit. I am only trying to doa RPC1 patch for my drive, nothing else!
Can anyone help me with this?

Hi,

as mentioned in the FAQ, extract your firmware file with 7-zip.

Michael

ahhh ok sorry I didn’t know there was a special process to load the .exe file into MediaSpeedCodeEdit.
7zip extracted 3 files : 2 .exe and a text file. Which one should I load? I will try one then the other…

EDIT: Ok so I tried loading both : one didn’t do anything at all, the second one Media said I had to extact it so that’s what I did and got a bin file and another .exe
I Loaded the bin file, but and enabled the RPC1 thing and saved the new bin file. Now what?

HP firmware packages are different. If I remember correctly, they are kind of “double packed”. See if you can decompress one of these exe files you got after the first extraction.

EDIT: I moved the posts to a new thread since it does not deal with crossflashing.

ok so here is the new thread…
Yes they are double packed. I did everything but how do I re-pack it?
I have the modified .bin file. Now what?

[QUOTE=Megagab99;2248802]ok so here is the new thread…
Yes they are double packed. I did everything but how do I re-pack it?[/quote]No need to do that.

I have the modified .bin file. Now what?
Just flash according to the instructions given in this [B]Read First[/B] article: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/howto-flash-firmware-samsung-dvd-writer-231217/

Michael

Oops, I’m sorry I didn’t read any FAQ or tutorials.
I will do that now (read).

EDIT: I’m sorry I don’t really understand. I have the firmware, and I open the bin file in MediaCodeSpeedEditor, uncheck the RCP thing, and then what? I have the modified bin file, and what do I do with it? Do I need the flasher (what does it do???)?

Hi,[QUOTE=Megagab99;2249479]Oops, I’m sorry I didn’t read any FAQ or tutorials.
I will do that now (read).[/quote]:bigsmile:

EDIT: I’m sorry I don’t really understand. I have the firmware, and I open the bin file in MediaCodeSpeedEditor, uncheck the RCP thing, and then what?
… save to your harddisk.
I have the modified bin file, and what do I do with it? Do I need the flasher (what does it do???)?
Yes, then you need the flasher. That is the tool that writes the modified firmware to the chip in your drive. Your warranty is void then, of course. :wink:

Michael