Patching New Gen Samsung DVD Writers

vbimport

Hello, just dropped by to check out some info on the samsung sh-224bb drives since the old patch util doesn’t work for them anymore, have to read up on whats new.

[QUOTE=ka0s5150;2663358]Hello, just dropped by to check out some info on the samsung sh-224bb drives since the old patch util doesn’t work for them anymore, have to read up on whats new.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what your exact problem is other then your saying your firmware is old??? Could you be more precise as to the nature of the problem? Also here is a site you could look at to see if your drive has firmware updates?

http://www.firmwarehq.com/

I use this site for the liteon drives and they seem to be fairly updated to keep the firmware up to date…

I was just introducing myself kinda, idk if its a problem but i believe the patcher here hasn’t been updated for quite some time, so i am guessing it just doesn’t know how to open my firmware for this drive which is in ver SB01. If i remember correctly it doesn’t support ver passed sh203 samsung drives. I just like having an unlocked firmware with settings i select, plus it seems to burn a little faster and rip must faster with riplock disabled.

Thanks for your reply.

I, too have the save issue as ka0s5150. The Samsung SH-224BB does not appear on the list at firmwarehq. Further, I have a general question: Is the art of producing Riplock removal patches dying? I have been having a heck of a time finding a drive for which a Riplock removal patch exists. If anyone knows of an available drive that can be thus patched, would you kindly tell us which drive this is, and (maybe) where to get it? I have been digging on and off for several days and have come up empty. Thanks! Jim

Who says that drive even has riplock??

Check mcse by ala42!

At the moment, the new Samsung drives can not be patched.Neither with C0deking’s Patch Utility not with MCSE.

Michael
P.S.: I moved the thread to the Samsung writers forum and gave it a better title :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=chef;2664969]Who says that drive even has riplock??
…[/QUOTE]Samsung, I think. Even my 2 years old Sammy SH-203 can rip DL media at 16x max (with MCSE).

BTW, think ala42 is already doing his best to satisfy us in any possible way. :wink:

Doubtful. I don’t believe in fairytales.

I will recive a new SH-224BB next week and then I will test how fast you can rip a DVD movie.

[QUOTE=lubbis;2666528]I will recive a new SH-224BB next week and then I will test how fast you can rip a DVD movie.[/QUOTE]
Most probably 16X. :slight_smile: