Patches and Multiple Copy Protections

I’m moving away from home for a job opportunity. I’m hoping to make all my games ISO images, put them on a 16 - 32GB Thumbdrive that I’m planning on buying soon, and use a program to make virtual drives so I can run the games. I’m hoping to completely get away from the discs so I can just keep them at home

My question revolves around the different copy protection that each patch offers. For example, I got this from the DaemonTools Database:

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars 1.6 SecuROM7.33.0012
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars 1.7 SecuROM7.33.0014
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars 1.05 SecuROM 7.33.0011
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars 1.9 SecuROM 7.33.0017 EU

The actual store-bought version of CnC3 that I have is probably 1.00 (I’m currently at work, but I bought the game when it first came out). So, if I make that an ISO image, I would have to tell Alcohol 120% to use a certain copy protection (just say it was like SecuROM 5 or 6 or something when the game first came out). Then, when I move away for this job, I decide to install the game off the thumbdrive. Then, I decide to patch the game. What happens at this point? Since the game is now patched, how would alcohol respond to it when it is mounted and I attempt to play it, since it is a totally different copyright protection?

I did do a little test from my home PC about a week ago, and Command and Conquer 3 crashed halfway through the first mission, being ran from an ISO image. I’m totally new to trying to do this sort of stuff, so does this mean it was a bug in the game, my crappy computer, or a result of me not copying the game correctly? I did not attempt to run the patch before playing, I was just seeing of the ISO would work as is.

Welcome FakeTanner,

you create an image using alcohol (full speed for the read process and dpm with high precision) and mount it in latest daemon tools no extra anti blacklisting tools needed. This also works with the latest patch 1.9.

wow, I would not suggest this at all. I’d go with multiple smaller thumb drives simply because they WILL have faster read/write speeds and the prices will be comparable. I have a 8GB drive from PQI and a 8GB drive from Team Fusion (?) The no name brand out performs the PQI, but I wish I had 2x4GB or even 4x2GB drives. Just my opinion. Get a portable USB hard drive, you can get a good deal on a 160gig or better for $150 or less now. That’s something I’d consider.