Patched pxdrv.dll for AD-7201S (Record Speeds)?

So I took the plunge and finally swapped my trusty 3500 for a shiny AD-7201S, mainly because it was having difficulty finalising Zero Defex Dual Layer media (MID: CMC MAG D03 064), it was 50/50 whether they would finalise in the 3500 (with 2.1b bt/rpc1 f/w)! With the 7201S they all finalise without a problem (using Liggy/Dee v1.09 Bitsetting/rpc1 f/w). But that’s not the issue :slight_smile:

The problem is RecordNow DX v4.61, specifically it won’t show the correct write speeds for the 7201S using the 507 px engine update! I have a modified pxdrv.dll that was posted here for the 3500 to show the correct write speeds but it won’t work for the 7201S :frowning:

So, is there any way to modify the pxdrv.dll to correctly show/use the correct write speeds for the 7201S? I have tried updating to a newer px engine such as pxengine2_08_40d.exe and pxengine4_10_28a.exe but neither show the write speeds.

You think that could help you with “Zero Defex Dual Layer media”??
The important part is DEFEX.

[QUOTE=chef;2230625]You think that could help you with “Zero Defex Dual Layer media”??
The important part is DEFEX.[/QUOTE]

I was just highlighting the reason I opted for the AD-7201S as it burns those Zero Defex Dual Layer media without problems now whereas my 3500 had problems with them. So far I’ve not had one coaster out of 10 burns with the 7201S, so I wouldn’t say they are bad media!

But, I digress, my main issue now is RecordNow DX 4.61 not showing the correct write speeds now the 7201S has replaced my 3500. I would just like to know if it’s possible to get a hacked pxdrv.dll for the 7201S to show the correct write speeds rather than just Max, Mid or Min!

Please scan those DLs for quality and post a shot here, this could clear many things up. :wink:

Lol :slight_smile:

Looks like they’re only ‘half’ bad media :wink:

Here’s the transfer rate test:

BTW, I found a pxdrv.dll file that shows ‘most’ of the write speeds in a thread from DMagic1, file is called pxdrv_ALL-SPEED.zip, but it won’t show 18x or 20x speeds which is what the 7201S supports!

18x and 20x with selected media ONLY!

Yeah, I know only certain media will burn at 18x or 20x, but even with selected media in the burner (Verbatim MCC 004-000) it still doesn’t show 18x though for the MCC 004 media. Probably due to those speeds not being edited in or not supported anyway in that dll!

Time to use a reliable and updated tool: Imgburn.

I do use IMGBURN, I’m just so used to Recordnow as it’s easier to use for burning files/folders to a data disc. But, at least I’ve got a part workable pxdrv.dll now so I’m happy :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help!

I like RecordNowMAx also over image burn. But Both of them before any other burning softwares. Well its all i use now.

Drivers i’m using in RNM v4.50

PxDrv.dll v1.1.26.0
Px.dll v1.6.14.507
PxMas.dll v1.6.14.507
PxWav.dll v1.6.14.507

Are yours the same or better, if better can you put that update archive somewhere so we can get it also. Or where the link you got it from, if still active. Its ok to pm me here if you cannot write it in this thread.

The patched pxdrv.dll is from this thread robbi:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f59/recordnow-pxengine-updated-1-8-34-500-nec-3500ag-102905/

I used the [B]pxdrv_ALL-SPEED.zip[/B] file! It’s v1.1.90.

Also, those scans of my Zero Defex DL disc were burned at 6x in IMGBURN so that could be why they are not such good quality scans as they’re 2.4x rated!

[QUOTE=Web-Junkie;2237920]The patched pxdrv.dll is from this thread robbi:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f59/recordnow-pxengine-updated-1-8-34-500-nec-3500ag-102905/

I used the [B]pxdrv_ALL-SPEED.zip[/B] file! It’s v1.1.90.

Also, those scans of my Zero Defex DL disc were burned at 6x in IMGBURN so that [B]could be why they are not such good quality scans as they’re 2.4x rated![/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry, they are unreliable DL media anyway.