Patch Utility for Samsung MTK based DVD Writers v3.4.10

vbimport

[QUOTE=pinto2;2261594][B][I]Off topic[/I][/B]
Watch out [I]bichonn.[/I] With a click on the mouse you might be history. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Only great people became part of history …:wink: thanks for wishing the best for me :cool:

[I][B]ON Topic[/B][/I]

[QUOTE=KLund1;2258800]Hi All, I’m new here.
Read MAXIMUMPC April page 65 mentions Tinyurl.com/a39181 which led me here. I know a lot about PC’s, built a lot over the years.
I have a couple Sammy SH-S223Q’s for a while now.
It has been a lot of work to patch them as shown in the article!!
This thread was some help, but a lot of trial and error!
The top of the thread dose not say how to get the BIN file nor its file name until page 2, and not the file location (c:temp)
Next the Samsung program for flashing the drives is automatic for this drive. You can not change drives, or bin files! not mentioned! There was no mention that you might want to get a different flashing program. In the Sammy FAQ page, there was a link for a flashing program called sfdnmin.exe. Dose not run in x64. And will not flash from x86 XP with a patched BIN from the patcher program from the top this thread!
I had to rename the patched file to autorun.bin and run the flashing program from Samsung for these drives. Since the patcher only works for 1 drive, I had to crack open the case, and unplug 1 drive at a time. What a pain!! 6 hours just to flash a DVD drive. COME ON, Give me a break!!!
Page 1 of this thread should be updated to match current drives, or should be split off into a new thread. Good luck to experienced PC guys that are new (from the MAX PC article) to patching the Sammy 223’s!!![/QUOTE]

WHY DON’T YOU LEARN ABIT YOURSELF, GO S_ICK IT! YOUR BAD ATTITUDE WON’T GET YOU FAR IN ANYTHING, INCLUDING YOUR ‘PC’.:a:a

I think KLund1 has got the message by now. :wink:

I was tied after a long flight when I made my first reply to his post. If I wasn’t so tied, I probably would have just made the suggestion in my second post. :slight_smile:

Perhaps KLund1 was just having a bad day, which can happen to any of us. :iagree:

Originally Posted by [B]KLund1[/B]

[I]Hi All, I’m new here.
[/I]

[QUOTE=SLOVEHEART;2262302]WHY DON’T YOU LEARN ABIT YOURSELF, GO S_ICK IT! YOUR BAD ATTITUDE WON’T GET YOU FAR IN ANYTHING, INCLUDING YOUR ‘PC’.:a:a[/QUOTE]

I have to say I’m sorry for a very caustic post, I just got angry when this person was so thankless - I went overboard…:o

If I purchase the Samsung SH-S223Q or the SH-S223F OEM burners can I use this patch?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=Sid9678;2267188]If I purchase the Samsung SH-S223Q or the SH-S223F OEM burners can I use this patch?[/QUOTE]If OEM just means different packaging (bare drive in a plastic bag etc.) then you can go straight ahead.
There are also OEM versions of that drive that were made for HP, Dell and others. These have a different drive name (TS-H653Q/TS-H653F). OEM firmware for these drives are often not supported by the patch utility.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2267463]Hi and Welcome!If OEM just means different packaging (bare drive in a plastic bag etc.) then you can go straight ahead.
There are also OEM versions of that drive that were made for HP, Dell and others. These have a different drive name (TS-H653Q/TS-H653F). OEM firmware for these drives are often not supported by the patch utility.

Michael[/QUOTE]

I don’t have an HP or a Dell. I built my own PC and I was looking at purchasing the Samsung SH-S223Q because my Plextor PX-760A starting giving me problems after I used a compressor to clean out my PC. I was careful so I’m sure it was due to the air probably hitting the laser but I had my Plextor for atleast 2 years now.

I know OEM basically just means its just the drive but I thought I read something on here that says the patch won’t work for OEM drives. I just want to make sure I understand this clear. You said the patch will work for the OEM Samsung SH-S223Q correct?

Hi,[QUOTE=Sid9678;2267474]I don’t have an HP or a Dell. [/quote]well, a dealer might sell a TS-H653Q as SH-S223Q OEM.

I know OEM basically just means its just the drive
I am more used to the expression “bulk”, but this might be different in other countries.

You said the patch will work for the OEM Samsung SH-S223Q correct?
Yes. You patch Samsung stock firmware anyway, and in case your drive comes with a different firmware, you might apply some “force” to get the patched firmware into your drive. But in such a case, you might better ask (in a new thread preferably).

Michael

Awesome tool thanks to you mate.

Three things from my experience with it

1. SB07 firmware is out for SH-S182D and i patched it with your tool all options enabled and it works perfectly i ripped and burned a few DVD’s region 1 and 2 at 18x so you can probably patch and add it as a download to the codeguys page.

2. 3.4.7 is reported as a SPY.Win32.WMForce.j by Kaspersky which makes it very difficult to use as it wants to delete it before you even download it.

3. the mirror is out of date with version 3.4.4 instead of the latest.

And to the guy who couldn’t find the bin files i just right clicked the exe and choose extract here with WinRAR i didn’t even read the guide it was kind of obvious really.

Thanks again for an awesome tool

I just bought a new Samsung SH-S223Q burner. Can someone tell me how do I proceed to apply this hack please.

Hi,[QUOTE=Sid9678;2278989]I just bought a new Samsung SH-S223Q burner. Can someone tell me how do I proceed to apply this hack please.[/QUOTE]just read the very first post of this thread, and also the FAQ (see my signature), please.
I guess this should cover your questions :wink:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2279096]Hi,just read the very first post of this thread, and also the FAQ (see my signature), please.
I guess this should cover your questions :wink:

Michael[/QUOTE]

I took a look at the mini FAQ’s and how to flash the firmware but it doesn’t tell me how to apply the hack to my burner. Where do I need the program from? Do I need this program and the firmware for my driver? How do I do it?

[QUOTE=Sid9678;2279184]I took a look at the mini FAQ’s and how to flash the firmware but it doesn’t tell me how to apply the hack to my burner. Where do I need the program from? Do I need this program and the firmware for my driver? How do I do it?[/QUOTE]You didn’t read the first post of this very thread. :wink:
Only patch your firmware if you really need the patches.

Michael

Please can me help someone:

I am not able to download the “Samsung Patch Utility” from the Codeguys Website. All Virus Programs will block the site with the message: “Win32:Spyware-gen [Trj]”.

What shall I do? :sad: Is there another site to download?

Sorry for my english, I am from Germany. :wink:

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=B4B;2282464]
I am not able to download the “Samsung Patch Utility” from the Codeguys Website. All Virus Programs will block the site with the message: “Win32:Spyware-gen [Trj]”.

What shall I do?[/quote]stick with stock firmware.

Is there another site to download?
That’s of no use, since it’s the same file.

Plus: Virus Total

Sorry for my english, I am from Germany. :wink:
Me too!!11elf!

Hi B4B. Try again now. :wink:

The fact that Samsung keeps falsely reporting this tool is another very good reason not to buy a Samsung drive. I no longer recommend Samsung products to anyone. They used to be listed under the what’s hot section on the index page of my site, but not any more. Their loss I’d say…

[QUOTE=mciahel;2282580]Maybe you have to add something to “What’s not hot” section ;)[/QUOTE]
Already done. :wink:

Thanks a lot! :smiley:

Really? Samsung is not recommended? :confused:

I have two LG (GH22S40 and a GH20NS10 crossflashed to GE20LU10) and two Pioneer (116L,216L), an Optiarc AD-7203A, all in external Cases named Techsolo TMR-5262 , and in my Laptop, Optiarc AD 7530B.

Do you think thats enough? :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2282578]Hi B4B. Try again now. :wink:

[/QUOTE]

I’ve done. No Virus Alarm! :bigsmile: Thanks.

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2282594]Already done. ;)[/QUOTE]:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=B4B;2282604]
Really? Samsung is not recommended? :confused:[/quote]Well, their 22x drives were not impressive at the beginning, now they seem to be rather acceptable - and replaced by a newer generation.
Also, if a company tries to damage the reputation of a software developper by (falsely) reporting his utilities as malware, that’s really evil. They are indeed not worth a recommendation then.

I’ve done. No Virus Alarm! :bigsmile: Thanks.
Let’s see how long it takes :frowning:

Michael
P.S.: I just merged your posts.

sounds just like sour grapes, not recommended because they keep reporting his tool.