Patch Utility for Samsung MTK based DVD Writers v3.4.10

vbimport

[QUOTE=namrufmot;2210620]I used 3.4.5

Is that the newest?[/QUOTE]
Yes. So your screen shot above must have come from the first post. :wink:

Sad to say 3.4.5 is again flagged as a Trojan today by latest Avast update, was using 3.4.5 without issue only yesterday. Already sent a false positive report to Avast though.

It is also flagged as a trojan by Kaspersky 2009. I’ve sent them a false positive report and a Kaspersky Virus Analyst got back to me in less than an hour saying:

“Sorry, it was a false detection. It will be fixed in the next update.
Thank you for your help.”

Now that’s a very impressive service! Well done Kaspersky! :iagree:

Enhanced OPC (EOPC) <-- New
This patch adjusts the WOPC to improve burn quality at all burn speeds.

Does it affect the burning quality of both DVDRs and CDRs? Or only the first?

And as usual, the latest Antivir PE reports a TR/Spy.WMForce.I Trojan :cool:
It was solved from the latest version for some time, but after an update here is again the false alarm!!! :wink:

Thanks!

Thx. I just used it to re-flash my Samsung SH-S203D with SB01 Firmware.

Thanks C0deKing. The latest version solved the problem with trojan report from Avira Antivir, until another update will report this again :slight_smile:

I have a question regarding EOPC in the patched firmware. You say:
“This patch adjusts the WOPC to improve burn quality at all burn speeds”. Does this have any effect in the CDR burning quality or only on DVDRs?

Thanks again!

[QUOTE=yyy;2224730]I have a question regarding EOPC in the patched firmware. You say:
“This patch adjusts the WOPC to improve burn quality at all burn speeds”. Does this have any effect in the CDR burning quality or only on DVDRs?[/QUOTE]
All of the patches are for DVDs only.

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2224732]All of the patches are for DVDs only.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the quick response! :slight_smile: :flower:

Hi I tried patched SH-S182M firmware with new Patch utility 3.4.6 and during restart the computer drive’s door open spontaneously.Patched firmware with utility 3.4.5 works fine.Thanks

[QUOTE=ikona;2225008]Hi I tried patched SH-S182M firmware with new Patch utility 3.4.6 and during restart the computer drive’s door open spontaneously.Patched firmware with utility 3.4.5 works fine.Thanks[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the report ikona. Please now try the newest version.

The mirror site on the first post still points to V 3.4.2. I only mention it because it drove my Avira Guard nuts (and I thought I was going nuts) until I realized I didn’t have the current version (see my signature).

Just wanted to post a big thank you to C0deking for all the work. Just used the patch utility to “upgrade” SB03 and the Power Tools to get it loaded in the drive.

I have the s223q and the sb03 i downloaded is the self installer. is there a .bin available and does it work with the 223q?

Hi and Welcome,[QUOTE=DirtyRat;2239270]I have the s223q and the sb03 i downloaded is the self installer. is there a .bin available and does it work with the 223q?[/QUOTE]you might have a second look into the FAQ, please :slight_smile:

Michael

[QUOTE=DirtyRat;2239270]I have the s223q and the sb03 i downloaded is the self installer. is there a .bin available and does it work with the 223q?[/QUOTE]

You can extract the .bin file and the flasher from the self installer using WinRar or 7-Zip.

PS> Reading the FAQ is always a good idea :slight_smile:

Hi,

I have 2 External Se-S204S drives, and am unable to change the booktype to dvd-rom using the patch utility. I have patched ts00 and ts02 using the patch utility’s remeber dvd rom on eject and dvd-rom default, and they both still burn dvd+r booktype. The only way to burn to dvd-rom is by using img burn, but it would be great to have a permanent solution.

Could codeking or anyboy else look into a solution for this?

Thanks for all of the hard work!

Hi farmrt88. I don’t know of any problem with this patch. Could it be that some other program is overriding the reset setting and setting the booktype to DVD+R.

A way to test this is to restart your system, then with a blank +R in the drive, have a look at the Nero CD/DVD Speed “Disc Info” tab. It should say DVD-ROM as the booktype.

I own an SE-S204S and it works for me.

In case it’s not obvious, whenever you flash the firmware on an external drive you need to turn the drive off for 5 seconds and then back on. Rebooting your computer is insufficient (that only matters with internal drives).

Thanks negritude.

Thanks for the advice. I flashed the SE-S204S and turned it off, and that seems to work. The Book type of a blank disc in nero cd-dvd speed is reported as dvd-rom. However, when using clone dvd to make a direct backup, the finished dvd is not readable and is a dvd+r booktype.

Any thoughts? Is this a clone dvd issue?

negritude: Could you detail the process you used to flash your Se-S204 and which programs now work?

Thanks again.

farmrt88, more likely a media and burn speed issue. What media (MID) and what burn speed are you using?