Passkey

vbimport

I’ve never used an on the fly decryptor so I thought I’d give Passkey a try. It reported it successfully opened a DVD (Princess and the Frog - I’m not going to let my granddaughter use the original!) then I opened DVD Shrink and tried to open the disk but got the dreaded “invalid file structure” message.
I then tried DVD Decryptor but aborted it when the total file size hit 18gb and was still going.
How is this supposed to work?

[QUOTE=Miami;2502032]I’ve never used an on the fly decryptor so I thought I’d give Passkey a try. It reported it successfully opened a DVD (Princess and the Frog - I’m not going to let my granddaughter use the original!) then I opened DVD Shrink and tried to open the disk but got the dreaded “invalid file structure” message.
I then tried DVD Decryptor but aborted it when the total file size hit 18gb and was still going.
How is this supposed to work?[/QUOTE]

Passkey was released basically to replace CSS+Region Free so you can watch DVD from different regions but it does work with other programs as well…

Passkey seems to have issues with DVD Shrink however you may find it works good with ImgBurn just start Passkey and wait for it to open the disc then start ImgBurn and select “Create image file from disc”, and if you want to compress it down to fit a single layer disc you can then open it with DVD Shrink :wink:

Thanks for both your quick reply and info. Although Passkey opened it and Imageburn successfully created an ISO – Shrink couldn’t open the image- “invalid DVD navigation structure”.
Oh well – can’t compress (and cartoons come out pretty well even compressed in the 60%-70% range) so I’ll burn with a DL and see if it plays.
Thanks again.

[QUOTE=Miami;2502056]Thanks for both your quick reply and info. Although Passkey opened it and Imageburn successfully created an ISO – Shrink couldn’t open the image- “invalid DVD navigation structure”.
Oh well – can’t compress (and cartoons come out pretty well even compressed in the 60%-70% range) so I’ll burn with a DL and see if it plays.
Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Try using ImgBurn in “Read” mode ? also…don’t you have DVDFab’s DVD to DVD (paid version) :confused:

Give the dvd shrink “deep scan” option a try for using passkey with DVDShrink. I think that will fix your issue

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2502061]Try using ImgBurn in “Read” mode ? also…don’t you have DVDFab’s DVD to DVD (paid version) :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yes but i thought I could save a step since I use Shrink for almost every backup I make, compressing, taking out uneeded audio or reauthoring, etc. Passkey opened a disc very quickly as opposed to 15 or 20 minutes for FAB (I have a 5 year old PC).

Princess and Frog doesn’t work with any version of FAB.

The DL I burned didn’t work after Passkey opened it and using Imageburn to create an ISO. Two standalone DVD players couldn’t play it (“disc dirty” message on one of them).

[QUOTE=AGJ;2502110]Give the dvd shrink “deep scan” option a try for using passkey with DVDShrink. I think that will fix your issue[/QUOTE]

Shrink can’t read the ISO image so I can’t get to deep scan. I couldn’t find any way to enable deep scan prior to trying to reading the ISO or DVD.
Thank you for your attention to this.

[QUOTE=Miami;2502178]Shrink can’t read the ISO image so I can’t get to deep scan. I couldn’t find any way to enable deep scan prior to trying to reading the ISO or DVD.
Thank you for your attention to this.[/QUOTE]

You’re mis-understanding AGJ’s advice… when you open a disc with Passkey, then start up Shrink to use that program, and get an error, use ‘Deep Scan’ right away, and that should eliminate the error message, allowing you to use Shrink for the rip.

The other thing you might try is changing Pathplayer’s setting in Passkey… I found that also worked for me with several DVDs and Shrink.

OC

:slight_smile:

Appreciate your help.
Unfortunately, “deep analysis” is grayed out. Tried Passkey with PP disabled and also enable when necessary but to no avail. Different Shrink error messages depending on how PP was set up – disabled the message was the cyclic redundancy error and enabled when necessary it was the invalid file structure. In both attempts deep analysis was grayed out.
Thank you again

Miami

If you have Nero Recode you may want to try that :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2502345]Miami

If you have Nero Recode you may want to try that :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your continuing suggestions. I don’t have Nero (I have Roxio’s Creator 9) and although someone in the other FAB forum said Paskey and Creator 9 did work together - the disk copier module didn’t show the DVD as protected as it normally would --it didn’t work. Disk Copier came up with an error. Of course, like we see so many times, the report didn’t say which module of Creator 9 was used and how.
I’ll just wait for an update for Fab that includes “The Princess and the Frog”.
Thanks to all for their time, attention and suggestions.

Make sure in DVDShrink you have all the protection options unchecked as DVDShrink does not need to remove the copy protection as that what passkey is doing. I do not have DVDShrink installed on my computer so am not sure this actually works. I will install and try after work to see if nothing has changed by then

[QUOTE=AGJ;2502466]Make sure in DVDShrink you have all the protection options unchecked as DVDShrink does not need to remove the copy protection as that what passkey is doing. I do not have DVDShrink installed on my computer so am not sure this actually works. I will install and try after work to see if nothing has changed by then[/QUOTE]

I just tried your suggestion but still got the “invalid file structure” message so spare yourself the trouble of installing Shrink.

Thanks anyway!

I hope I am not out of line with this comment but Passkey does work with RipIt4…
budzos

[QUOTE=budzos;2502573]I hope I am not out of line with this comment but Passkey does work with RipIt4…
budzos[/QUOTE] Yup you are as this is the DVDFAB Forum for DVDFAB products only http://club.myce.com/f116/sub-forum-fengtao-software-only-242474/

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2502609]Yup you are as this is the DVDFAB Forum for DVDFAB products only http://club.myce.com/f116/sub-forum-fengtao-software-only-242474/[/QUOTE]

Sorry I only mentioned it because Passkey was the topic and since Dvd Shrink
wouldn’t work with it I thought I would provide an option.
budzos

Actually I not think you was out of line as passkey was developed to work with programs like DVDShrink, RipIt4Me and many other programs.

I don’t think budzos was out of line especially since Ripit worked. Initially I didn’t think it was going to work. When Ripit called in DVD Decryptor there were a slew of the error message “on the fly decryption failed” but I just clicked ok for each one. Ripit picked up when Decryptor was done and then successfully called in DVD Shrink. Compressed, took out uneeded audio, saved to ISO, burned it with Imageburn and it worked fine. Full disk, by the way.
Kudos to budzos – continue to think outside the bun and get out of line when you feel right!
And again – thanks to all who weighed in and made suggestions. I appreciate your help. I hope this helps someone else.

:o:o:o sorry I bad

Being that passkey is a Fengato product I guess that thread isn’t valid anymore and we can talk about other programs now to use passkey with