PassKey for Blu-Ray with DVD-Ranger CinEX HD

vbimport

I decided to ask this question in the General Movie Copy Software section of the forum & take it out of the Latest News Headlines .

olyteddy already moved some off topic posts from that thread .
That’s fine with me but I think this section of the forum is even better for the questions I have .

When neither AnyDVD HD or DVDFab is used to Read(rip) a blu-ray disc. .
If DVDFab’s “Passkey for Blu-Ray” is used as the decrypter only .
Will this work for DVD-Ranger with CinEx HD as the Reader(ripper)?

Do I have this correct DVD-Ranger with CinEx HD is a program that Reads(rips) blu-ray discs ?

As long as there is a decrypter.

If AnyDVD HD is used as the decrypter only .
Will this work for DVD-Ranger with CinEx HD as the Reader(ripper)?

After either of the processes above is done.
Will the CinEx HD Utility then “fix” the audio form their database ?

I know roadworker & ILLP both have DVD-Ranger with CinEx HD .
Maybe one or both of you can answer my questions.
At least about AnyDVD HD .
I understand that you might not also have DVDFab “Passkey for Blu-Ray” . Especially since AnyDVD HD complains & gives a warning that it may not work correctly if “Passkey for Blu-Ray” is installed .

Will Passkey for DVD back up a Blu-ray, or do you have to have a different program for that.

Will Passkey for Blu-Ray remove cinivea even using something else. can you answer those questions.

Why doesn’t DVDFAB come up with a program the will remove it. even if it has to use a different audio track to do it, give the people a different program other then DVD Ranger to preform this operation

Marty

[QUOTE=cholla;2735482]
If DVDFab’s “Passkey for Blu-Ray” is used as the decrypter only .
Will this work for DVD-Ranger with CinEx HD as the Reader(ripper)?[/QUOTE]

Yes :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=cholla;2735482] Do I have this correct DVD-Ranger with CinEx HD is a program that Reads(rips) blu-ray discs ?

As long as there is a decrypter.[/QUOTE]

Yes,it reads the folder structure and saves a Cinavia free output to a choosen directory.

[QUOTE=cholla;2735482]If AnyDVD HD is used as the decrypter only .
Will this work for DVD-Ranger with CinEx HD as the Reader(ripper)?[/QUOTE]

Yes…this was the 1st Cinavia solution of DvdRanger

[QUOTE=cholla;2735482]After either of the processes above is done.
Will the CinEx HD Utility then “fix” the audio form their database ?
[/QUOTE]

It does that while the driver is running in realtime,or you can rip the movie 1st to folder or .iso (but you have to mount then) en let the program go.
Download the matching database b4 you start the process…:wink:

[QUOTE=thor21344;2735483]Will Passkey for DVD back up a Blu-ray, or do you have to have a different program for that.[/QUOTE]

You need Passkey for Blu-Ray…:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=thor21344;2735483]Will Passkey for Blu-Ray remove cinivea even using something else. can you answer those questions.[/QUOTE]

Only when using 1 of Ranger’s products ATM…:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=thor21344;2735483]Why doesn’t DVDFAB come up with a program the will remove it. even if it has to use a different audio track to do it, give the people a different program other then DVD Ranger to preform this operation

Marty[/QUOTE]

That I can’t answer…:wink:
Maybe their developement team or signals can…:bigsmile::wink:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2735485]You need Passkey for Blu-Ray…:slight_smile:

Only when using 1 of Ranger’s products ATM…:slight_smile:

That I can’t answer…:wink:
Maybe their developement team or signals can…:bigsmile:;)[/QUOTE]
I cant answer that one either, my guess would be that they are trying to help the user that doesn’t do bluray so they have one program for each and the lite version. JMHO though.:smiley:

[QUOTE=thor21344;2735483].Will Passkey for Blu-Ray remove cinivea even using something else. can you answer those questions.[/QUOTE]

No & it isn’t advertised that it will.

Now there may be a debate on whether Cinavia is encryption or something else . If Cinavia is encryption then “Passkey for Blu-Ray” isn’t decrypting as advertised.

I believe DVDranger has stated that Cinavia isn’t encryption.
Do I have this correct?
I believe the comparison is to a “watermark” in an image.
In the case of Cinavia the “watermark” is in the audio.

Educate me if I’m incorrect about any of the above.

Thanks roadworker for the good answers.
DVDranger could take a lesson from you on how to answer questions.

DVD Ranger does not say that ANYDVD-HD removes the watermark. DVD RANGER does that. It uses ANYDVD-HD to decrypte the Blu-ray. you have to have ANYDVD-HD to back up any Blu-ray. you are stuck on cinavia. DVD RANGER HAS ALWAYS required ANYDVD-HD for any type of back up, and it has always advertised that it (ANYDVD-HD) was required. DVD RANGER removes cinavia, NOT ANYDVD-HD
DVD RANGER removes CINAVIA, now wheather it substutes an clean track(I don’t know) or wheather it has found the CURE does not matter to me or probley a lot of other people, IT WORKS, and NO OTHER program has done it yet. Again it has nothing to do with ANYDVD-HD removing CINAVIA, just decrypting the Blu-Ray

Marty

Hi guys,
I am not an expert in audio watermarks, but I do know that an embedded audio watermark cannot removed, it just can’t, some programs may be developed to make the signal that detects the watermark invisible thereby making the watermark mute, but it is not removed. The trigger is just made useless, now I have no idea if this is what’s happening with any of these programs but I do know that the program that makes the signal undetectable must be running even if you copy the movie to another disc you will still copy the watermark. So whatever disables it has to be running also. If you could install AnyDVDHD on your set top Bluray player ( which you cant do) you would effectively eliminate Cinavia but alas you can only put AnyDVDHD on your computer so you can disable the watermark on players like CyberlinkPowertoDVD. etc. What DVD Ranger does and does it well is manipulate the audio to another type of audio ( I believe) that does not have the watermark, and sync it up with the video so it seems and is Cinavia free.
So, AnyDVDHD allows you to decrypt the Bluray, along with Passkey for Bluray, but neither does what DVD Ranger can do, is gives you another disc, ( a backup copy) to play in your set top bluray player. :bigsmile:

[B]This whole post is just speculation on my part and not anyones opinion but my own[/B]:smiley:

[QUOTE=cholla;2735490]
I believe DVDranger has stated that Cinavia isn’t encryption.
Do I have this correct?[/QUOTE]

Wow, wow, wow…what trip you are running now? I told the whole time that there is no simple signal inside. I told the whole time that the complete audiotrack is changed. It contains a key and a signature so it is definitly encrypted. Maybe it help to read our white paper.
So please STOP now to spread again wrong information. This sucks totally.

And sorry Cholla, your lovely DVDFab advertises on the page. Scroll down the page “Cinavia Solution”. So if Passkey is the decrypter or the software, I think both use the same technology, they cheat the users. This is a fact.

CinEx HD do not cheat. We advertise to remove Cinavia and we also have on our purchase page the information that a decrypter is not needed for commercial Blu-ray.

So do not change the words in our mouth.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2735502]Hi guys,
I am not an expert in audio watermarks, but I do know that an embedded audio watermark cannot removed, it just can’t, [/QUOTE]

You are right you are no expert so how you can write those wrong information? Because some dev at AnyDVD told you that you cannot remove Cinavia it is right. Look at CinEx HD. It removes Cinavia. And it removes Cinavia also from DVD/Blu-ray releases. Hell, what is going on now.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2735508]You are right you are no expert so how you can write those wrong information? Because some dev at AnyDVD told you that you cannot remove Cinavia it is right. Look at CinEx HD. It removes Cinavia. And it removes Cinavia also from DVD/Blu-ray releases. Hell, what is going on now.[/QUOTE]
I never said I was right, I only stated what I thought was my opinion. I even put in bold that this was my [B]speculation[/B], no one elses just mine, I only stated my purely speculative opinion based on what I lthink, no one told me anything, as I said. I even stated , I am not an expert, but in my years learning about audio and watermarks , it is the the opinion of what I have read, an embedded watermark cannot be removed, only bypassed, or in other cases replaced by another audio stream that is Cinavia free. If I am wrong, I am wrong. Sorry to have upset you.:doh:

As a non expert an opinion?
Sorry but what is the goal now? Now after we have published latest database files that support all publishers with Cinavia Blu-ray, and also those who have Cinavia on Blu-ray and DVD, now it is time to spread again wrong information about our CinEx HD or whatever we call our software.
Now a well known administrator spread his non technical opinion. From whom you get this information? Wong himself?
The second admin move the thread, close the main thread of our software release and **** on our product name?
The next one says we do not support decryption but CinEx HD Utility was develoepd to remove Cinavia from already done copies with commercial software.

And so forth and so forth. Guys. You have lost the game you started. All proofs were brought to you. Now realize that CinEx HD works and do not spread again lies.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2735511]As a non expert an opinion?
Sorry but what is the goal now? Now after we have published latest database files that support all publishers with Cinavia Blu-ray, and also those who have Cinavia on Blu-ray and DVD, now it is time to spread again wrong information about our CinEx HD or whatever we call our software.
Now a well known administrator spread his non technical opinion. From whom you get this information? Wong himself?
The second admin move the thread, close the main thread of our software release and **** on our product name?
The next one says we do not support decryption but CinEx HD Utility was develoepd to remove Cinavia from already done copies with commercial software.

And so forth and so forth. Guys. You have lost the game you started. All proofs were brought to you. Now realize that CinEx HD works and do not spread again lies.[/QUOTE]

This is what I said

but neither does what DVD Ranger can do, is gives you another disc, ( a backup
copy) to play in your set top bluray player
That’s a good thing, Sorry to have an opinion of my own, yes my own, no one told me anything, its just what I was thinking and I said I could be wrong. So if I am wrong I admit it. Its just a discussion. No more no less. :slight_smile:

OK DVD RANGER, this time YOU need to CHILL OUT, Alan1476 was just trying to explain in a laymans term what is happening

Marty

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2735507] Wow, wow, wow…what trip you are running now? [/QUOTE]
I’m trying to be civil to you DVDranger but that makes me want to kick your ass. The implication of your comment is that I must be on drugs . I find that insulting & a personal attack on my good character.
So I hope the mods don’t find the above too strong a comment back.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2735507]
It contains a key and a signature so it is definitly encrypted. Maybe it help to read our white paper.
[/QUOTE]
I could only find DVDranger’s first “white paper” the second one on the DVD-Ranger site gave me a “404” error.
I did a “find” search using encrypt,encryption, & encrypted .
While it is true you don’t say Cinavia isn’t encryption in the “white paper” . You don’t say that Cinavia is is encryption either.
So you took no stand either way.
I thought you had made this statement here on club.myce at some time.
That’s why I posted my comment. So many threads have been closed & removed. I can’t search those.
Why don’t you prove to me that Cinavia is encryption?

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2735507] And sorry Cholla, your lovely DVDFab [/QUOTE]
You keep posting comments like this . The implication being I work for one or more of the software companies. I don’t have any ties to any software company . That’s why I can post what I want about them positive or negative.
To make it even clearer I don’t work in the computer or any related business either.

Encryption is a wide topic. Encryption do not mean a string/key combination like AES. So read again the white paper and you will understand why and how Cinavia is encrypted. If you trying to be civil, I suggest to keep fair and not to change our worlds in yours or write wrong information.
It looks like that our last release brought many problems to different companies. But also to people here, who switch now to another topic to make our software bad. And you are one of the leaders.

Realize: We have brought the proof. Give now the respect to our work.

[QUOTE=thor21344;2735513]OK DVD RANGER, this time YOU need to CHILL OUT, Alan1476 was just trying to explain in a laymans term what is happening

Marty[/QUOTE]

Sorry, if a admin with more than 20K postings said that Cinavia cannot be removed he told the public with his reputation that we are cheat and lie. And the timing is perfect, right after we have released the next group of database files where the publisher have BD and DVD with Cinavia. Irresponsible or calculated?

I have some very good friends here and Dvd-ranger I consider you one of them I like your program it does just what I need and you don’t have to bring any proof the programs work that simple.

As for how it works I could care less it gets the job done with decent sound quality.

When you have a chance instead of getting all worked up here on Myce could you update your download page to the latest release it still says 6.1.3.2 and the download is 6.1.3.3.

Warm Regards,

ILLP:)

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2735507]So do not change the words in our mouth.[/QUOTE]

I love your program,and I’m a happy customer,but TBH,your PR sux…:bigsmile:
Although cholla can be critical,and showed some scepticism in the past about your program (which is his right! :iagree:),he is a honest guy,and with his latest posts,he shows interest in your programs…don’t scare away potential customers… :wink:

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2735508]You are right you are no expert so how you can write those wrong information? Because some dev at AnyDVD told you the shit that you cannot remove Cinavia it is right. Hell, what is going on now.[/QUOTE]

Take down your shields…;)…Alan is a good guy,and never dissed your program,so please show some respect…
I can understand that interpreting the English language for a German speaking person isn’t always feasable,but most people here love your program,and you’re losing potential customers by such comments…:wink:

Thanks for the kind words road worker.
I also try to use “good” English most of the time as it helps anyone needing to interpret.
This started in the " How to back up bluray, cheap and painless" .
I know that PassKey for Blu-Ray is cheaper than AnyDVD HD .
So that is why I wanted to verify that it worked with DVD-Ranger CinEx .