Parameter is incorrect

vbimport

Hi there,

O.k. I’m a newbie, who is totally clueless in computer jargon…but I am hoping some of you computer whizzkids can help me out.

I’m using Nero 5.5 and my CD burner is Samsung CD-RW sx-2525 (or so it says on the box.)

Anyway, I managed to knock out a few cds and was feeling pretty chuffed with myself. (Music Videos)
However, my computer was getting pretty jammed with all my files so I put the files onto CD. I checked the files and they seemed fine, so I deleted everything. BAD MOVE!!!

Now when I want to burn them I get the error message “Parameter is incorrect.” for like my entire collection
:sad:

I feel so disheartened, i’m here in Thailand and you have no idea how long it takes just to get one video song.

Thanking you guys in advance.

Sorry but I’ve re-read you post about 3-4 times and I can’t make head nor tail of what your asking?

Anyway, I managed to knock out a few cds and was feeling pretty chuffed with myself. (Music Videos)

What format is this in ie did you just copy the files to a cd or did you create VCD/SVCD?

Now when I want to burn them I get the error message “Parameter is incorrect.” for like my entire collection
What is the exact error message and I thought you had already burnt them to CD
I feel so disheartened, i’m here in Thailand and you have no idea how long it takes just to get one video song.
Sorry nothing even I can do about that but I’ll have a word with the mods (GODS) and see what they can do.

Thanks for replying Jonboy, sorry that I didn’t make myself very clear.

When I knocked out the cd, I created a SVCD. No Problems whatsoever.

The problems arose after I made data file cds.

Now when I want to make a new compilation - I put in my data file cd, choose and drag my songs, but when I start burning I get the error message:-

The parameter is incorrect
Video-N.Furtado/Powerless
Error reading data
Burn process failed

So I deleted that song and tried again, only to find that it’s happened to all of my files/songs.

However, I can click on the file and watch it on Media Player/Real One…It’s just that they won’t burn to a CD

Is this any clearer? Sorry that I can’t get technical with you.

Oh yeah and another message that has just appeared is:-

Due to patent license restrictions, the MPEG2 encoding/converting is not available.
To add this possibility, please purchase the Nero MPEG2 codec plugin at www.Nero.com

That’s the first time I’ve seen that message. So I don’t think it’s related to my problem, or is it?

Thanks again to anyone who can help

bugger…I meant I created a VCD.

God, I’m really screwing this up , aren’t I ? (Don’t answer that!!!)

When I knocked out the cd, I created a SVCD. No Problems whatsoever.
The problems arose after I made data file cds.

So you have 2 copies of all your files ones in VCD format the other in just standard iso format or do you mean that you dragged the original files into nero and this created the VCD for you and you only have one copy of the original file.

However, I can click on the file and watch it on Media Player/Real One…It’s just that they won’t burn to a CD

Is this from the VCD directly or have you copied the file to your hard drive?

I think I understand what your saying so heres somethings you can try;[ul]Try copying the file [cdrom]:\MPEGAV\AVSEQ01.DAT to your hard drive. If you encounter errors or you can not copy it at all this could mean that the CD has errors on it.

What media did you originally use if its a cheap and nasty brand then I’d think that the data has become corrupt or is full of errors.

You could try this, Originally posted by chickenman Solution, just use IsoBuster and depending on what it brings up, right click Track 2 and “Extract but filter only M2F2 Mpeg frames”. Or if you see any files, right click the AVSEQ01.dat or Movie01.dat file and select the same option as I mentioned above. You now have an extarcted MPG file on your HD and just use Nero or VCDEasy to burn the mpg as a VCD back to a CDR.
[/ul]