Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 for free

vbimport

This offer will end at November, 1st 2016.

Thanks Terramex

This new program has a new look and works great…Free is nice also…

Thank you, appreciated.

Has anyone here used this program or tested it’s reliability and speed? For years I used Seagate Discwizard that worked well until data being backed up exceeded 12GB after which Discwizard became ridiculously slow. About 2 months ago I switched to EasyUS Todo Backup which works well and is 3 to 4 times faster than Discwizard for the larger data backups. EasyUS Todo Backup uses Win PE to create the rescue disk. Does Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 use Win PE for rescue disk, or is its rescue disk Linux based? I also tried Macrium Reflect, but it failed to compile the iso to burn to CD which makes it useless to me.

I’m satisfied with EasyUS Todo Backup thus far, but it couldn’t hurt to have another alternative. Does anybody know how EasyUS Todo Backup and Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 compare in utility, speed and especially reliability?

Well I didn’t try the free offer, but I tried Paragon Backup and Recovery 14 which is still free, and it works but is horribly slow. I tested it against Seagate Discwizard, EaseUS Todo Backup and Macrium Reflect Free version on the same 23GB data size partition. Paragon Backup and Recovery 14 took 6 hours to create/restore the image, Discwizard took 3 hours to do that, EaseUS took 11 minutes to do that and Macrium Reflect took only 5 minutes to do the same. All tests were done using boot CD which is the only sensible way to run backup programs because there’s be no way except boot media to restore a backup if the OS becomes unable to boot. BTW I chose Macrium Reflect Free version 6.3 because of some not so good things I read about latest version 7.1.